Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help finding the right KN95 masks

@Sooner wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I wear N95 masks.

@deepwaterdotter Aren't they to US inspection standards and the KN95 to China standards or inspections or something like that? 

Yes, I think that is correct.

Honored Contributor

Your primary care physician is your best guide for what you need.

Honored Contributor

I buy Powecom brand KN95s. That brand has been around for a long time. They have been tested to compare their efficacy to that of NIOSH-approved N95 masks. I get mine directly from an authorized Powecom distributor so that I know I'm getting authentic masks.

bonafidemasks dot com

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

There are so many out there. If you have done your research, do you have a brand suggestion for a KN95 with a good fit? 

Armbrustusa.com American made!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I recently asked a doctor for his advice on a good mask and he recommended buying the 3M Aura N95 masks as they are very good w/ getting a good fit. His recommendation was to use this type from a "Branded" company.  They have them available at Home Depot, but HD does not ship to your house. 

In the beginning, when there were mask shortages from medical providers, a cloth mask was deemed better than nothing. Now the suggestion is finding/using a mask that has a better seal. If you wear glasses and they fog up when wearing a mask, that is a sign it does not have a good fit.

I'm just passing along what/how a doctor explained it to me. As ECBG wrote, if in doubt, please contact your doctor's office. 

masks.png

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy Powecom brand KN95s. That brand has been around for a long time. They have been tested to compare their efficacy to that of NIOSH-approved N95 masks. I get mine directly from an authorized Powecom distributor so that I know I'm getting authentic masks.

bonafidemasks dot com

That's exactly what I buy, also from bonafide.  I use their ear loop style, my DH likes they also have the style with two straps aroung the head, he has to wear one all day at work.  They come in white or black, free S&H too.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy masks from First-aid-products. Com. There masks are FDA approved. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

bonafidemasks dot com

I want to second this.  These masks were tested and recommended by ConsumerLab and they suggested buying from Bonafide Masks dot com because there were countefeits being sold on Amazon.  I find them comfortable, too.

ETA Oops, I guess I'm the third, since @decaf uses them, too.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I read some info on the differences and decided to go with N95, made in America.  Purchased on Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

There are so many out there. If you have done your research, do you have a brand suggestion for a KN95 with a good fit? 

I got mine at Amazon. I looked for FDA approved ones. I've used several brands the last 2 years and they all fit pretty much the same.