Honored Contributor

Re: Need Feedback on Virus Precautions

@Bannafanna, no, you are not being too rigid.  Do what's best for your health.  She's being selfish.

A few weeks ago, my husband needed/wanted to go to Miami for a workshop, arriving there Friday afternoon and returning home Sunday afternoon.  I tried to convince him, to no avail not to go to this Covid-19 hot spot.  Finally, I realized that since I couldn't change his mind, I'd have to make a healthy decision for me.

I told him that I'd leave for a hotel on Sunday before he got back.  I stayed for 7 days.  When I returned, he stayed downstairs, I stayed upstairs.  In the kitchen area, we both wore masks for the next 7 days.  He didn't think my decision was necessary but I did.  You do what you have to do no matter who it involves.  We are both in our seventies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

It really isn't possible to enforce someone to stay totally and completely inside of their home for two weeks after travel, unless there were to be a cop parked outside of  their home, and that just isn't going to happen.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I keep thinking, OMG fruit flies! Or Ants! At least it wakes me up a little. I'd be a lot more pleased if it were a cute animated gif instead.

@Porcelain 

bug squashed.

Thank you! Now I can cancel the appointment I set up with the Orkin Man. lol Much appreciated. Please do keep sharing your fun sense of humor.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Bannafanna, no, you are not being too rigid.  Do what's best for your health.  She's being selfish.

A few weeks ago, my husband needed/wanted to go to Miami for a workshop, arriving there Friday afternoon and returning home Sunday afternoon.  I tried to convince him, to no avail not to go to this Covid-19 hot spot.  Finally, I realized that since I couldn't change his mind, I'd have to make a healthy decision for me.

I told him that I'd leave for a hotel on Sunday before he got back.  I stayed for 7 days.  When I returned, he stayed downstairs, I stayed upstairs.  In the kitchen area, we both wore masks for the next 7 days.  He didn't think my decision was necessary but I did.  You do what you have to do no matter who it involves.  We are both in our seventies.

It appears that your husband was right.

He went, he came home, nobody got sick as a result.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I keep thinking, OMG fruit flies! Or Ants! At least it wakes me up a little. I'd be a lot more pleased if it were a cute animated gif instead.

@Porcelain 

bug squashed.

Thank you! Now I can cancel the appointment I set up with the Orkin Man. lol Much appreciated. Please do keep sharing your fun sense of humor.

Another thank you, @EatWell 🙂

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@Bannafanna wrote:

I live in a small neighborhood. We have a group of four neighbors who walk and swim for daily exercise. We practice the 6 foot rule walking and swimming. One of our group is flying out to the mountains for a week of new sights. It's my feeling that when she returns, she needs to quarantine for 10 to 14 days. She, the traveler, disagrees. She feels like she can return home and step back in to the exercise group. Am I being too ridged by not wanting to be exposed to her after air flight and trip?

@Bannafanna 

You do not know who she will be in contact with.   They could be asymptomatic and give the virus to your neighbor.  And then spread the virus to you and others..

Refer to CDC guidelines for travel.

JMO

“Stay safe. Stay home.”

@EatWell  Just to let you know, I won't be reading any of your posts as long as that bug is scrolling on the screen. It gives me the willies and I have to scroll down immediately till it's off my screen. You might be saying something interesting, but I'll never know. 

@shoesnbags   I feel the same way!  Makes me itchy just looking at it! Smiley Happy

@Porcelain 

bug squashed.

@EatWell  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How does one know that he was right @Anonymous032819?  We'd only know that if I had stayed home with him and interacted as a normal couple and nervously watched for symptoms.  I sometimes have bronchitis issues.  What I know to be right is to not go into the lion's den on purpose and hope I'm ok when it's much safer/easier and sensible not to do dangerous things.  He gambled with his health but I wasn't going to knowingly gamble with mine. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Bannafanna wrote:

I live in a small neighborhood. We have a group of four neighbors who walk and swim for daily exercise. We practice the 6 foot rule walking and swimming. One of our group is flying out to the mountains for a week of new sights. It's my feeling that when she returns, she needs to quarantine for 10 to 14 days. She, the traveler, disagrees. She feels like she can return home and step back in to the exercise group. Am I being too ridged by not wanting to be exposed to her after air flight and trip?

I think she is being inconsiderate. You are not in the wrong at all. I wouldn't be around her for 2 or 3 weeks after she gets back.

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell 

Whew!  Thank you from the bottom of my bug fearing heart!💕

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

• It appears that your husband was right.

He went, he came home, nobody got sick as a result.

Or lucky.........

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett