Valued Contributor

Re: Need Christmas gift ideas

Mellie, I am a road warrior, on many planes each week.  I don't do the fill your own bottles.  I am careful what I bring.  

Here are a few things I always have:

Clorox or Lysol wipes.  Must have!!

my gorgeous Celtic silk merino shawl/scarf:  it can be a cover up, pillow or blanket.  

travel size hand lotion and toothpaste.

Roll Bands:  I got mine from The Grommet.  They make it easier to roll clothes for packing.  Also use them on the above mentioned Celtic scarf for my carry bag.

soft aloe socks for longer flights

From Sephora:  their "TSA" bag.  I have a couple of these and they are the best.

I hope the formatting I used for this posts correctly......

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I'd find a couple of pretty hankies to slip inside, and let her decide what she wants

................hankies?  Do people use those?

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I'd find a couple of pretty hankies to slip inside, and let her decide what she wants

i do.....i love beautiful handkerchiefs. i actually asked for some for christmas.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I'm sure some do or they wouldn't sell them

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

I'm wanting to give a gift to a friend who travels a lot.  I'd like to give her a cosmetics bag full of travel goodies that she can use when she's away from home.  What sorts of things would you put in it? 

(She wears minimal makeup and has allergies to lots of scents.)

Just my opinion as I don't like to waste money or disappoint in giving a gift, but if she has allergies and doesn't use much stuff, I'd say unless you know exactly the brands and things she uses, you'd be simply guessing and most likely getting things she won't use.

I'd suggest another type of gift.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

I'm wanting to give a gift to a friend who travels a lot.  I'd like to give her a cosmetics bag full of travel goodies that she can use when she's away from home.  What sorts of things would you put in it? 

(She wears minimal makeup and has allergies to lots of scents.)

Just my opinion as I don't like to waste money or disappoint in giving a gift, but if she has allergies and doesn't use much stuff, I'd say unless you know exactly the brands and things she uses, you'd be simply guessing and most likely getting things she won't use.

I'd suggest another type of gift.

I wasn't going to put anything with a scent in the bag because I know it really bothers her.  Perhaps the term "cosmetics bag" isn't the right word --- travel bag.  Like a pocket word search book, a nice manicure set, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I realize you were asking for goodies to put in her bag, and not sure what your budget is, but I would definitely give this to a good friend who traveled. Lug also has great little packages to put your stuff in.

Lug Quilted North/South Overnight Bag - Puddle Jumper 2 - F12218

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I think there many nice travel sets or sampler sets that will make a nice gift.  I would purchase the inexpensive brands, since people are very particular with their makeup/bath and body products.  That way if she doesn't like it, you won't break the bank with the prestige brands.  

For example, this is from Soap and Glory--they have them at Ulta or Walgreens

pink_pamper_uk_no_detox_on_face_soap_and_clarity_no_reflection_rgb_sg.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sorry, just realized that the Soap and Glory set might be too "scented" for her.  

Here is another idea-- First Aid Beauty To Go Kit (They have it at Sephora)

p374504-av-01-Lhero.jpg

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I'm sure some do or they wouldn't sell them

They still sell hankies?   I haven't seen any in stores for years/decades.