Respected Contributor

I'm wanting to give a gift to a friend who travels a lot.  I'd like to give her a cosmetics bag full of travel goodies that she can use when she's away from home.  What sorts of things would you put in it? 

(She wears minimal makeup and has allergies to lots of scents.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Christmas gift ideas

I would get her the little bags but nothing inside them.  People like to take their own cosmetics and there is SO little room now when you travel.

Vera Bradley has some of the most sturdy, useful and beautiful little travel bags you can imagine!  They also have very pretty little travel umbrellas!  

I have a collection of their small bags and I treasure them! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hand sanitizer

hand lotion

toothpaste/and travel toothbrush

clear lip gloss or lip balm thing

pill/vitamin case (they have really pretty ones at lots of stores-Hallmark has nice ones

hard to find but a small pack of wet wipes

maybe a smaller pretty case for any makeup she does wear (cause you don't want it to get on other stuff)

A good small tweezer and mirror

a small nail file with case

a small pretty writing pad (that could also fit in purse)

an empty travel bottle for anything liquid like her favorite shampoo

maybe one of those small little hard wallet rfid cases for credit cards with lots of slots

Okay-I guess its filled up now!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Image result for shout wipes

Honored Contributor

lingerie bag-

Image result for travel lingerie bag

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Image result for bpa free collapsible 3 oz. travel set

Respected Contributor

Something different to fill the bag:  matching luggage tags that have that flap that covers name and address from prying eyes.  Colorful bands that will let the person see their bags from a distance.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

if she has a lot of allergies and doesnt wear a lot of makeup, then this set and a travel bag would be a nice gift. she can fill them with her own products.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/118389/4ea8ea54b1b48_118389n.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

Things I find very useful when traveling (besides all of the great suggestions already offered) are tiny bottles of hand sanitizer, travel size packets of wipes, bandaids, tins of aspirin and breath mints, cosmetic puffs, tissue packs, and wooden q-tips.

Honored Contributor

I'd find a couple of pretty hankies to slip inside, and let her decide what she wants