Respected Contributor

Re: Need Christmas Workplace Gift Suggestions

If you don't know these women you can go crazy thinking what they might like or use. I would go with a box of good chocolates....maybe Godiva. If they do not like sweets that is something they can always serve to guests.

Honored Contributor

How about slippers or gloves?

Honored Contributor

Philosophy is personal, I wouldn't suggest a man give it to female coworkers.

I would have suggested gift cards to Nordstorm, who wouldn't like that!

If you are set against gift cards, how about Sees candy or Godiva.  If the women don't like it, they will have it on hand to offer others.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I think the shower gel sets are a little bit more intimate.  I bought some shower gel sets for my husband to give out to his co-workers last year, and he was not comfortable about doing that. So, I buy food gifts instead now.

I would suggest that you go with food gifts.  Nice gift baskets of food. I was at Homegoods a few days ago, and they have so many beautiful food gift sets-- chocolate, coffee, tea...etc.  You can always attach a gift receipt if they don't like it, they can take it back.

ITA, too intimate.  It's something a boyfriend might give.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that shower gels may be too intimate, and you never know what someone will like. I just ordered a shower gel from philosophy without knowing what the scent smelled like. Big mistake, it is disgusting., just awfull.

I like the idea of gift cards to a nice restaraunt or book store.I still say there is nothing like a good book in your hand rather than a computer.  I worked in an office once that gave a gift bag of gourmet pecans bu a lot of folks have fgood allergies. I think most women do appreciate a nice moisturizing  hand cream, maybe not overly fragrant. Teas, coffes would be nice as someone suggested. 

Respected Contributor

Box of blank note cards appropriate for any occasion.

Amaz has great selection.

Honored Contributor

You seem to be doubtful about the Philosophy and since you don't want to do gift cards then I would go with a box of chocolates or a tin of cookies.  I wouldn't make myself crazy over it.

When my husband was working he always gave the women in his department chocolates, cookies and a tin of popcorn.

Honored Contributor

The favorite office gift I received at Christmas was an oversized coffee mug filled with smaller gifts like a McD’s gift card, lip balm, hand lotion, sanitizer, nail file, breath mints, a few chocolates, wet wipes and eye glass wipes.  

Respected Contributor

I love Philosophy, but I don't think I would like to have my boss give it to me.

My boss used to give us a candle every year, which I regifted because I don't like any smoke in my house.  Who doesn't have a cabinet full of mugs.....

I don't do Starbucks or tea, regifted all that also.

I like the idea of a box of See chocolates.  I can eat a few and share with family or friends.  And it's not so personal.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

How about slippers or gloves?

You don't give slippers to strangers, you don't even know what size they wear if they wear slippers.   There's also a size issue with gloves.