Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice On Harry London TSV

@geezerette wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

Here's the deal.  The Waggoners were the original owners of Harry London, but they sold that company several years back.  I believe, if I remember right, it was Fanny Farmer that bought it.  After that, the Waggoner family started another chocolate company (Waggoner's, sold on Evine).  I've had both, and the Waggoner's is far superior to the current Harry London.  The Waggoner's does cost more, but their Buckeyes are noticeably better than the HL.  I actually tried eating one brand right after eating the other, and I couldn't believe how much better the Waggoner's was.  I will only be buying the Waggoner's from now on.

I was given to understand it was Fanny May that now owns Harry London.

ALPINE CONFECTIONS owns harry london.....they also own fannie may and fannie farmer.....so they are all related.

Harry London Candies, Inc. is a North Canton, Ohio-based confectioner primarily known for its high-quality chocolate products. The company also offers caramels, mints, and toffees. A subsidiary of Alpine Confections, Inc., Harry London produces some 2,000 different items in its 200,000-square-foot plant, some sold under the company's own name and others under the label of such major customers as Disney, Universal Studios, May Company department stores, Federated Department Stores, and the Sally Foster fundraising firm. These relationships have helped to even out the seasonal nature of the business, which peaks at Valentines Day and Easter. The Harry London plant is a tourist attraction in the Cleveland-Akron area, attracting school tours and motorcoach groups as well as football fans visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame in nearby Canton. From behind glass walls, visitors can watch the candy being made and, after the 45-minute guided tour, purchase products from the onsite chocolate store, the largest in the Midwest, offering more than 500 varieties of chocolate and other candies. Harry London also operates a fundraising department to help non-profit groups to make money through candy sales. In addition, the company offers a number of gift items aimed at the corporate market.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/harry-london-candies-inc-history/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered Harry London Chocolates as a TSV last year for gifts. I tasted every type because of the very similiar complaints that I saw last year, and honestly see no problem with them. I found each variety to be very good. We have a brand in our area which is called Fanny Mae. As I understand Harry London makes some of their candies. I would not feel embarrassed to give these Harry London chocolates as a gift, IMO. Edited to add...I find them much better chocolates than Russel Stover and Whittman. And skip the Cheryl's cookies, found them tastless and not good at all; not at all crazy about the sugar cookies covered with frosting.Much prefer homemade.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you would like something other than cookies, fresh fruit would be a tasty alternative.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I ordered HL for years , but have switched over to Giannos.  Can be found on the Southern Station ---

best marshmallow covered chocolate ever!!

YES!! I love the marshamllows.

They are from Ohio, I buy the candy bulk at my local Giant Eagle

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I order them every year and really like them, but I like all types of chocolate, from cheap to expensive.  I don't discriminate, LOL.

If you like See's and Godiva, then order them, but they are quite pricey for feeding a crowd.  HL chocolates are perfect for the holidays as they are individually wrapped and feed large numbers of people.

I will definitely be buying this TSV.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

@corita  I've had my eye on those chocolates.

I think I'll get the 10/20 delivery so I can have them for Thanksgiving etc... (if they last to etc.....lol)

Honored Contributor

I'm intrigued by this 'marshmallow covered chocolate' that somebody mentioned.

I LOVE milk chocolate covered marshmallows.  *sigh*   I could eat those all day.    But I've never seen the other one.  Will have to check it out.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I LOVE milk chocolate covered marshmallows.  *sigh*   I could eat those all day.    But I've never seen the other one.  Will have to check it out.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt Never heard of marshmallow covered chocolate, but if you can try the Waggoner Chocolate Covered Marshmallows, dark or milk chocolate, the choclate is soooo thick you crunch to break into that marshmallow......omg I want on NOW!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Jacie wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt Never heard of marshmallow covered chocolate, but if you can try the Waggoner Chocolate Covered Marshmallows, dark or milk chocolate, the choclate is soooo thick you crunch to break into that marshmallow......omg I want on NOW!

*drool*   I do believe I have tried the Waggoner ones and did like them.  I prefer the milk chocolate.    I want one now, too.  *sigh

Honored Contributor

SEES has scotchmallows

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod15/dw/image/v2/AATS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-sees-catalog/default/dwc4c8c176/images/custom-mix-pieces/scotchmallow-026-cut.jpg?sw=518&sh=518

A layer of caramel with a layer of honey marshmallow covered in rich, dark chocolate.

jackolatern marshmallows for halloween.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod15/dw/image/v2/AATS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-sees-catalog/default/dwd906299b/images/halloween/chocolate-marshmallow-jackolanterns-074-candy-alt1.jpg?sw=518&sh=518

Sink your teeth in. Our signature honey marshmallow drenched in See's aged milk chocolate, specially hand-decorated for Halloween. Individually wrapped,

scotch kisses

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod15/dw/image/v2/AATS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-sees-catalog/default/dw4d2f0626/images/custom-mix-pieces/scotch-kiss-019-cut.jpg?sw=518&sh=518

Honey marshmallow dipped in buttery caramel.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein