Respected Contributor

Re: Need Advice On Harry London TSV

@Jacie  Oh yes, those dainties are delish!  I also love the chocolate mint meltaways.......yum!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I'm surprised how many people don't like Harry London Candies 

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Here's the deal.  The Waggoners were the original owners of Harry London, but they sold that company several years back.  I believe, if I remember right, it was Fanny Farmer that bought it.  After that, the Waggoner family started another chocolate company (Waggoner's, sold on Evine).  I've had both, and the Waggoner's is far superior to the current Harry London.  The Waggoner's does cost more, but their Buckeyes are noticeably better than the HL.  I actually tried eating one brand right after eating the other, and I couldn't believe how much better the Waggoner's was.  I will only be buying the Waggoner's from now on.

I was given to understand it was Fanny May that now owns Harry London.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the post @Jordan2.  I've never ordered either, but now I know Waggoner Chocolates gets the people's vote for a better tasting candy.  For Christmas, I always order Sees for myself, son, godmother, dr.s office.  I wish someone would think of sending me a nice box of chocolates😁

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered HL for years , but have switched over to Giannos.  Can be found on the Southern Station ---

best marshmallow covered chocolate ever!!

Honored Contributor

I've ordered them for many Christmas seasons and include a lot in four boxes I prepare for relatives.  I've had a couple (but am diabetic so I don't eat them) and found them to be more like European chocolate that isn 't as sweet as most American candy.  I found the flavor to be very good but it isn't a sweet, sweet candy.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I live near Giannos in the Youngstown, Ohio area.  They are freshly made and beyond delicious.  On Easter morning they open early and everything is 1/2 price.  Needless to say, the lines go around the block.  We have many good chocolatiers in our area but Giannos is my favorite.  They are very generous with free samples.Smiley Very Happy

docsgirl

Honored Contributor

Re: lates are the worRe: Need Advice On Harry London TSV

Harry London is the same quality as you'd find under Walgreen's house brand.  It was so bad I ended up throwing 1/2 of a tin away.  Nobody would eat it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@docsgirl  I tried the Gianno's once, and found it to be much too sweet for my taste.......too much filling and not enough chocolate too.  JMO.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

my favorite chocolates are SEES. we also have some local old school chocolatiers that make excellent chocolates. they are on the expensive side and SEES is now close to $20 a pound.

that being said, i think that harry london chocolates are good for the price. last year i bought the nutcracker tins (the packaging was wonderful!) and they seemed to be well received. we ate some of them ourselves. i think if you need multiple gifts at an affordable price then harry london is the way to go. i do think that they are better than the whitmans and russell stover chocolates in stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein