Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice On Harry London TSV

Never tried them and have wondered if they were any good but I have been so happy for many years with Fannie May chocolates for all my gifts to family, friends, and business associates.  The only time there was a problem they got the order mixed up for my banker and her assistant for my message to each lady.  Fannie May sent an entire second order to each of them with the correct message to the right woman at no charge to me.  Lori and Brandi were thrilled with chocolate all week long.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone for their advice, I guess I'll be giving out the cookies again! I vaguely remember buying these candies when they were on HSN, and that host from Evine Alison represented the company , she was a granddaughter of the founder of the company. I thought they were good then but I believe the company has since been sold. 

Honored Contributor

Allison is granddaughter to the Waggoner chocolate I believe, not Harry London.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Actually, the two companies are the same family.

The weird thing - the Waggoner brand is actually good.

Respected Contributor

There was a Fannie May shop where I lived years ago.  Oh, man, did I go crazy over their peanut butter cups! I've tried Waggoner pb cups -- meh.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion HL chocolate is just ok and not worth the money spent on it. It is acceptable for gifting and eating, just way too expensive for what it is.

I've had it shipped, and it has arrived in squashed and melted condition as well sometimes

Some people you are gifting to may prefer it over cookies if they are homemade, because some people don't like to eat home made food they are unsure of. But the fact that this is individually wrapped and commercial may appeal to some people.

And no, it won't look like much when gifting in smaller batches like that.

Occasional Contributor

I do not care for Harry London chocolate.  I prefer See's or Godiva.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I like Harry London Chocolate. Have ordered from QVC before.

However, I keep watching evine for the Waggoner's Chocolates to come in again. I have ordered these many more times and like them even more!

@Jacie

I may be wrong but they are the same company

@MalteseMommaThey were at one time,  I believe the HL division was sold.

ETA that Allison Waggoner represents them with her brother on evine.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Here's the deal.  The Waggoners were the original owners of Harry London, but they sold that company several years back.  I believe, if I remember right, it was Fanny Farmer that bought it.  After that, the Waggoner family started another chocolate company (Waggoner's, sold on Evine).  I've had both, and the Waggoner's is far superior to the current Harry London.  The Waggoner's does cost more, but their Buckeyes are noticeably better than the HL.  I actually tried eating one brand right after eating the other, and I couldn't believe how much better the Waggoner's was.  I will only be buying the Waggoner's from now on.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Here's the deal.  The Waggoners were the original owners of Harry London, but they sold that company several years back.  I believe, if I remember right, it was Fanny Farmer that bought it.  After that, the Waggoner family started another chocolate company (Waggoner's, sold on Evine).  I've had both, and the Waggoner's is far superior to the current Harry London.  The Waggoner's does cost more, but their Buckeyes are noticeably better than the HL.  I actually tried eating one brand right after eating the other, and I couldn't believe how much better the Waggoner's was.  I will only be buying the Waggoner's from now on.

@2blonde Just for fun I went to my evine account to see how many times I have ordered these....a dozen times in 2 years! Probably makes my dentist smile! My husband requests that I hide them and dole them out slowly as he would pack away as many as possible in a day! My favorites are the peanut dainties!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield