Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus  Not necessarity a bad turn, but politics have entered into the problems in Nebraska. I've tried to explain questions as well as possible, but was afraid my posts would be deleted . . . and they were. Someone didn't like my answers! It happens. Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@judsey wrote:

I am sorry to hear about the devestation in Nebraska. I am in my late 50's. When I was in the third grade, the teacher asked each of us to pick a state and do a report on it.

I chose Nebraska, the "corn husk state".

I dont know why there is not more coverage, guess because its not fake!

Prayers to the people of Nebraska.  

@judsey  It has been on my hour of local and world news every night. NY news. I guess your channels must carry fake news. Mine do not.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky 

Non Emergent Fremont Police Department phone number is 402-727-2677. 

Hopefully they will do a wellness call and check on your family members.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I had another response that has been deleted as well. I have no idea why. It was not political nor did I attack anyone.

Oh well it's the "Q' boards right??

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus  Who knows? Seems other posters don't like something and turn a post in as "inappropriate" or "political" . . . but for what? Got me! Usually, I'm unaware things have been deleted. You brought it to my attention today. LOL

Honored Contributor

drone footage:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1108708107381891072?s=21

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Saw this on an open FB Page.

011A21F3-E986-405D-906C-0B286FD4CB46.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Brisky  Just heard of the news that the water in and around Fremont is contaminated. If you haven't heard from your relatives, that's another reason they are unable to return to the area. I also realized cell towers have been destroyed, along with all land lines. Hope you realize "no news is good news" and they are probably safe and working hard, but unable to make contact with anyone. Will try to keep you updated as I hear more. 

Respected Contributor

I see where celebrities are raising money for the victims and families in NZ.  Haven't seen any such fundraising for victims of flooding in Nebraska and other such states.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nebraska in Trouble

[ Edited ]

here are some organizations who are holding fundraisers or collecting funds for the victims in nebraska.

http://sandhillsexpress.com/local-news/updated-flood-relief-fundraisers-drives-let-us-help-share-the...

https://nebraska.tv/news/local/national-chains-announce-fundraisers-for-neb-flood-victims

nfl players from the bufflalo bills who are  from nebraska stepping up to help out.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/20/bills-teammates-spencer-long-jeremiah-sirles-to-host-dinner-for-v...

earlier in march, celebrity chef tyler florence was part of an annual fundraiser.

proceeds will help the Food Bank continue providing emergency and supplemental food to Heartland families in need.

larry the cable guy is donating all proceeds from his comedy show to disaster relief.

country stars dan and shay are donating all proceeds from merchandise sales to the american red cross for disaster relief.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein