Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123  Thanks for sharing the poem. The Ponca Tribe live in one of the many  massive flood plains.

As Nebraskan's, we help each other rebuild communities and lives. It's already visible and encouraging . . . even though the rivers have not crested yet. Nebraskan's are strong, resilient people. We've survived tornados and flooding before. The this is a once-in-a-lifetime flood! All the elements made the conditions perfect for a monster.

We are fortunate there was only one loss of life in the entire state. Our weather service, all law enforcement and EMT's were on duty throughout the week to assist drivers and people stranded in their homes. Shelters were available for those whose homes where in danger or were about to flood. People and their pets were taken to safety! So proud of each community and their efforts.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BadWolf  Nebraska is your home state and I have no doubt it has many things to brag about.  Maybe it isn't mentioned much here but we are all aware of where it is.  I will certainly send prayers, good vibes, and ask God to bless you and your state. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@BadWolf,  I'd never think of your wonderful state as "flyover" country in any form.  It's a magnificent part of the country.  Prayers for everyone affected by the extraodinary recent events.

Respected Contributor

Praying for you, BadWolf, and the people and animals in Nebraska to recover from these storms.

Respected Contributor

The President has tweeted support and has been in touch with the Governor to offer help.

Respected Contributor

May God be with the good people of Nebraska. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nebraska in Trouble

[ Edited ]

@Isobel ArcherBoth have said it's a disaster of huge porportions, but neither one has attempted to declare Nebraska an emergency. No attempt by either Trump or Gov. Ricketts have been mentioned for FEMA for the farmers and ranchers who have lost everything. A tweet doesn't mean anything to our citizens.

Once the Corps of Engineers releases the water from the Gavins Pt. Dam in SD, the entire eastern side of Nebraska and western side of Iowa will be flooded again. So will the full length of the Missouri River to the Gulf of Mexico. Doubt any of that was mentioned in the tweet. Do they think ahead? Apparently not.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Nebraska in Trouble

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Isobel ArcherBoth have said it's a disaster of huge porportions, but neither one has attempted to declare Nebraska an emergency. No attempt by either Trump or Gov. Ricketts have been mentioned for FEMA for the farmers and ranchers who have lost everything. A tweet doesn't mean anything to our citizens.

Once the Corps of Engineers released the water from the Gavins Pt. Dam in SD, the entire eastern side of Nebraska and western side of Iowa will be flooded again. So will the full length of the Missouri River to the Gulf of Mexico. Doubt any of that was mentioned in the tweet. Do they think ahead? Apparently not.  

Then it sounds like your governor needs to get his butt in gear because I believe the Federal Disaster Declaration Policy by which the President can declare a state of emergency or major disaster has to be jump started by an official request from the governor... If he hasn't done that, he should have...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

friend of a friends home in bellevue, nebraska.

nebraska.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care