Super Contributor

Re: Neater Feeder - dog bowls

I bought one of these for my dog several years ago and I love it! It is so nice, not to have water sloshed all over the floor! I bought a pet placement at Petsmart for my dog and I set the Neater Feeder on top of that. Neat and clean and all I have to do is rinse it out and wipe it down when a little water accumulates under the top of it. I wash the stainless bowls by hand, but you can put them in the dishwasher, I think. Great product and worth the price and then some.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Hooty said:

I am sad to report, my bulldog will not eat out of the Neater Feeder, he is afraid of it! We are following the advice that came with it about putting old bowls near it, so he will get use to it, but no luck ............ any ideas would be appreciated, TIA!

Give him some time. It takes a while for them to get used to something new like that. Put a few of his treats or kibbles in it, a few times a day to get him used to it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies, I'm still hanging in there, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed! LM

Honored Contributor

Here's a suggestion for you...I have four big dogs. If I put water in a bowl, I'd be filling it all day. At the hardware store, I got a big stainless steel bucket that holds 2-3 gallons. I clean it out and refill once daily. They may dribble a few drops but there is never enough to slip on. It's too heavy to upend or carry away. Works out perfectly.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kachina624, my bulldog would drown himself in a bucket, LOL, but thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

Well, I gave up and Max won, I took away the Neater Feeder he was experiencing so much anxiety over it and just would not eat from it! I put back his regular bowls, got a bigger mat to put under them, and I'll just have to be more careful!

To top if off, I put the feeder outside on our carport, and I caught him sniffing around it, he had no hesitation at all going near it, talking about being mad!!!

Honored Contributor

Hooty, I just got something for my dog's eating area that you might like. It's a silicone floor mat, and it has sides around it that would contain the spills. It's 19" x 12". I got it from "In The Company Of Dogs." They shipped immediately, and it arrived quickly. I'm very happy with it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Hooty I'm sorry he didn't like it. Maybe you could try re-introducing it later on. They are really particular sometimes though and seem to know what they want. You know those water bowls, with the water bottles attached to them, that dispense water as the dog drinks out of the bowl? Well I bought one of those once and he refused to drink water out of the bowl it was attached to. It upset him, the gurgling sound that the bottle made when the water went into the bowl. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} He would just stand back away from it and look at it and then walk away. I finally had to switch back to a regular water bowl.

Super Contributor

NickNack, that is a great website. I have ordered before from them. I went to look, is this your placemat? This is very nice, I like the shape of this one a lot, it would fit right up against the wall. This is similar to what I have under my dog's Neater Feeder.

Silicone Floor Mat

I also saw THIS double feeder/food and water bowl combo which looks really nice. This might work also.

Double Silicone Feeder Medium