Honored Contributor

Re: Nature's Clean-up Crew...please don't hate me

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick -

You take incredible pictures!

This looks like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie 😬

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  PapaWick deserves most of the credit.  I took some, but he took more.  Since we share the same name, they are all wickpics...lol

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Yes "circle of nature" for sure!!! We see these vultures almost everyday having a "buffet"...at least it keeps dead animals from laying on roads or roadways.

Respected Contributor

Great photos.  Thank you.  We have turkey vultures too.  Sadly, we have roadkill, so the turkey vultures and crows do a good cleanup job on our local roads.  Every creature has a place in God's world.  

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   We have a pair of Turkey vultures who sometimes visit our yard. They like to eat the canned cat food that we put out for the feral cats.  They also enjoy drinking from the water we serve.  

I understand the cycle of life, but I get upset when the hawks come down and get a mourning dove.  The doves mate for life, so it's sad to see a loner.  My DH says, if you put out a buffet, all come to enjoy. He's right of course, but I don't have to see it. 

Woofs and safety to Cricket. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

The pictures are amazing.  Every living creature has its purpose here on earth.  The vultures don't have the best reputation but again, they too are here for a purpose.  What a beautiful book all of your pictures would make.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - Thank you for the pics. Vultures serve such an important role in the ecosystem and I have many pics of them. 

Several years ago we were out for a ride and in the distance could see something in the middle of the road. couldn't figure out what it was until we got closer. It was a young black vulture strutting his stuff down the yellow line, lol. I have great pics of him (her?).

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  We live in a rural area and see a LOT of buzzards. They're not exactly pretty, but they sure have their useful place in nature!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Yes, they serve a purpose. I saw this one on a neighbor’s roof in my suburban neighborhood a few weeks ago. 

F4293371-3714-430F-B40E-73A42264150A.jpeg

1E2244E9-0964-4E39-B65F-A72C41FEFA7C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I would never hate you @MamaWick because of all the pics you post and what you do extra for Mama Deer and Tracy Deer.