Honored Contributor

Re: Natural Born Talents, I Have None.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I do not have any natural talents, period!  Not sure I would call anything I possess a talent, maybe something I can do that I worked hard to attain, but talent?

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Some people are born with great voices,  the ability to play instruments, dance beautifully or paint masterpieces.

I can do none of it.  Singing, yikes, no.  Riverdance is never going to call me. I have trouble playing a radio and I draw stick figures. I can sew a button on but that's it.

Yes, you can take lessons for these things but I think you need some natural talent.

Do you have a natural talents?

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I think if a person wants to try something, she should try it.  There is nothing written in stone that you must have a natural talent to learn an instrument or take a painting class or learn to Zumba.

Who cares if the painting isn't a Monet?  Who cares if one plays a few sour notes? Who cares if one is not the best in a dance class?

Guarantee most people in those classes are not "natural" artists or dancers or musicians.  That's the fun of it all.  Of course there are advanced special classes but one doesn't have to attend those.

I think some would be very surprised to find out that they did have a natural talent after all when taking a chance to  try something new.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

When I speak about anything around my mother-in-law she finds something to be mad about.  But, perhaps, this is a super power. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Some people are born with great voices,  the ability to play instruments, dance beautifully or paint masterpieces.

I can do none of it.  Singing, yikes, no.  Riverdance is never going to call me. I have trouble playing a radio and I draw stick figures. I can sew a button on but that's it.

Yes, you can take lessons for these things but I think you need some natural talent.

Do you have a natural talents?

I haven't read all the replies so I don't know if someone else has pointed this out, @CrazyKittyLvr2 , but you have a great talent for storytelling. It's so natural to you that you don't realize it, but it's something many people don't have and appreciate in others. I always look for your posts and your stories about Petunia's adventures, not only because I find that cat a hoot, but because of the way you tell the tales.

Again, I don't think you realize you have this gift because it comes naturally to you, but that's the nature of a talent. Don't sell yourself short--you have fans here!

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann  thank you, but as I posted earlier, I type the way I speak pretty much.  

Honored Contributor

I must have been out sick when they were doling out talent!