Honored Contributor

If you have been having troubles with your AOL account you are not alone as they have been experiencing systemwide problems starting yesterday:

AOL Email Reported Down; Company Working On Problem

AOL was down on Tuesday throughout the U.S., with problems running into early Wednesday morning, according to downdetector. 

Email service was the hardest hit, drawing 56% of the complaints on downdetector. 

“Receiving email on phone, unable to send, not receiving email on laptop,” one user writes. “This is in Colorado. Been a mess all day.”

“No problems with AOL? Then why am I getting a message that, ‘your mailbox is temporarily not available’?,” writes another.

The outages appeared heaviest in the Northeast, including the Washington, D.C. and New York City areas. 

“in CT: very funky display of new mail old mail etc . blank spaces - sorted in reverse order,” writes an account holder. “Something is not right , some emails refuse to send.”

Southern California also appeared to be affected. 

On Tuesday, AOL tweeted: “Some users may experience problems accessing AOL Mail. We understand this is frustrating, We are working especially hard to fix this.

Later, it tweeted, “Our top priority is getting you connected with AOL Mail. We appreciate your diligence and patience during this issue.”

According to downdetector, 28% of the reports were over dial-up internet service, and 15% for website access. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nationwide AOL Mail Outage

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe  Thank you for letting me know.  I am in N. California and AOL is driving me nuts.  Can't load and can't send from even a regular HP PC.  Wed. AM, still having problems.  UGHHHHH

And thanks for telling me about Downdetector !! The reason I stick with AOL is that is my longtime contact e-mail for everything:  doctors, c/c , service companies, friends, etc.  Sigh...plus, I actually like the format better than g-mail.  Let's hope it gets better. 

Esteemed Contributor

My son had a problem yesterday.I tried to tell him this is very common for AOL Mail. I happens all too often   IMO

I actually Hate it but it seems like a mountian to start a new one since all my CC ,ect have my AOL  addy.

Today ,I cannot get into mine      Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Several hours out yesterday and now again today.  Incredible!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe @MalteseMomma @hicindy2 @Krimpette

Make sure you go to the aol outage report indicator on the web and report it, pull down the arrow on the red box to indicate your issue with email....

The more reports might make them work quicker so they get it resolved and dont have to deal with angry customers...

https://outage.report/aol

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@momtochloe  Thank you for letting me know.  I am in N. California and AOL is driving me nuts.  Can't load and can't send from even a regular HP PC.  Wed. AM, still having problems.  UGHHHHH

I'm sorry you and others are having problems, @hicindy2.   I haven't used AOL in years, but I had to post and tell you that those frowny feline glares really did make me laugh out loud!   I've seen that look so many times and know it means trouble...  😉  Thank you for the smiles!   I needed that! 

@momtochloe,  As always, thank you for giving everyone a heads up about important information. 

A ❤️ to both of you!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 HEE, I figured there may be more than a few people starting and restarting their devices for no reason (like I have been) so thought I'd spread the good news.  I'm like everybody else, I use AOL for almost everything as I keep my Gmail address for more professional type things and don't want it to get junked up with spam.

Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

I'm sorry you and others are having problems, @hicindy2.   I haven't used AOL in years, but I had to post and tell you that those frowny feline glares really did make me laugh out loud!   I've seen that look so many times and know it means trouble...  😉  Thank you for the smiles!   I needed that! 

@momtochloe,  As always, thank you for giving everyone a heads up about important information. 

A ❤️ to both of you!

Hi @dooBdoo, good to see you my friend and yes I meant to thank @hicindy2 for that most excellent feline graphic as it totally made my day!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@momtochloe @MalteseMomma @hicindy2 @Krimpette

Make sure you go to the aol outage report indicator on the web and report it, pull down the arrow on the red box to indicate your issue with email....

The more reports might make them work quicker so they get it resolved and dont have to deal with angry customers...

https://outage.report/aol

Hiya @Spurt my friend, thank you for this link as I didn't realize it existed.  Consider my voice added to the chorus currently wailing at AOL!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@hicindy2 HEE, I figured there may be more than a few people starting and restarting their devices for no reason (like I have been) so thought I'd spread the good news.  I'm like everybody else, I use AOL for almost everything as I keep my Gmail address for more professional type things and don't want it to get junked up with spam.

Sigh.

@momtochloe

Thank you for posting this......I thought it was my wifi because of our constant torrential rain storms....

I have another account with another provider, but prefer AOLS email format and options....Usually I dont have problems with AOL either, just one other time I recall, while the other account is a privacy nightmare---no matter how you set the controls for privacy and security oh the spam!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”