Highlighted
Honored Contributor

National suicide hotline

[ Edited ]

tel:1-800-273-8255

It's a free call, and you can find help. If anyone reading this is desperate ,please call them,  they want to help, and will understand, and not judge you

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Honored Contributor

Re: National suicide hotline

I just don’t understand what is happening to people....why do people who we think have it all feel so unhappy?What is making life unbearable for so many?I am just sad and shocked.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I just don’t understand what is happening to people....why do people who we think have it all feel so unhappy?What is making life unbearable for so many?I am just sad and shocked.

@dex  @dooBdoo posted a wonderful representation of what it's like in one of the Kate Spade threads.  You may want to read it if you haven't already.  Materialism and outside influences have nothing to do with it.  It's an internal mind battle you never ever want to experience.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I did read what she posted and that is a very good explanation of how horrible these people feel inside but why so many.I heard that suicide rate was up 60% for women...this is what I just don’t get.....why so many very unhappy people and why doesn’t their family or friends seem to notice that something is wrong.

Honored Contributor

@dex  I'm not comfortable on this topic so I am not going to post much on it.  I think everyone is just too caught up in their own lives nowadays to stop long enough to ask the question.  And those that do, often sit in judgement rather than listen. 

Add that to the nasty/unkind that society has become and all of it only reinforces the loneliness and I would be better off not being here and I think you have part of the answer to that question.     

Honored Contributor

@Laura14@You said that you are not comfortable on this topic and I think you have given me the answer.We as a society can’t comfortably talk about this and so a person who really is hurting must try to keep that to themselves.

Honored Contributor

Text HOME to 741741 to have a confidential text conversation with a trained crisis counselor from Crisis Text Line. Counselors are available 24/7.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@cherry, how nice of you to post this for those in need searching for something,,anything.

Your a good egg !!!!!!!

I applaud your post. HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

I think we need to step back a bit.  Not everyone who commits suicide are "suffering" from depression or other forms of mental illness.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  the link I provided makes no judgements about why a person feels like taking their own life. It is simply a tool, for those that are seeking a way to find help . 

I would never comment on anyone's illness ,or mental state. I simply wanted to offer some support, for those that need a lifeline