Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

Oh..it's today?  I had so much going on today. In my world, I'm going to shift it to tomorrow...

Yoga class first thing, then getting packed and ready for my trip 

I do believe we all need to focus more on relaxation and doing good things for ourselves whenever we can.   I might not do this everyday, but try to have a day each week when I can focus on me, more than other days. 

I've long been a "be good to yourself" person, mostly because over the years I was the only one being good to me. The last few years of my working life were stressful both physically & mentally, so my weekends were for ME.

I'm a bit new to the "be good to yourself" thinking.  For too many years, I took care of everyone else and did little or nothing for me. I've been taking small steps toward changing this. 

I imagine that to some "busy wives & mothers" (as QVC would term it, lol), a singleton like me might seem selfish or self-centered (not saying you, but your post made me think of it). I looked at it that I worked hard for my $$, and didn't have family around for emotional support. I was my support, so I needed the down-time pampering to "recharge."

Doing something for yourself says you're worth it ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Relax? What is that? I really wish that I could, I have a beautiful bottle of white wine that is not being used, wine doesn't seem to agree with me anymore. Today would have been a good day to polish it off. 

Perhaps a nice red (cabernet) might be more agreeable?  Mine's sitting there in the kitchen waiting for me.  Woman LOL

My middle daughter has suggested that very same thing @RoughDraft. Any suggestions? Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Relax? What is that? I really wish that I could, I have a beautiful bottle of white wine that is not being used, wine doesn't seem to agree with me anymore. Today would have been a good day to polish it off. 

Perhaps a nice red (cabernet) might be more agreeable?  Mine's sitting there in the kitchen waiting for me.  Woman LOL

My middle daughter has suggested that very same thing @RoughDraft. Any suggestions? Woman LOL

@JaneMarple  Whatever's on sale!   Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I went for a bone scan and to the grocery store but I relax every day of the week.  You have to take care of yourself because no one else will.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde I used to get regular massages a few years ago but stopped, it's time to resume. 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple  Actually, I favor Beringers Cabernet Sauvignon.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde...great, positive thread. Thank you! Smiley Happy 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde I used to get regular massages a few years ago but stopped, it's time to resume. 

@JaneMarple, today's was the cheapie variety ("Chinese 'foot' massage"), sandwiched in between a tempura lunch and grocery shopping. A new place opened up in my close vicinity. I use Groupon for massages, facials & pedis, and have had some great deals.  My gt-niece has a Massage Envy account and goes monthly. A normal price here at a nice(r) place is about $80-120 per hour plus tip, so I have to make do with lesser efforts much of the time - but it's all good :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Ohhhh, a foot massage and a back scratch, while drinking wine would absolutely do it!!!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple, today's was the cheapie variety ("Chinese 'foot' massage"), sandwiched in between a tempura lunch and grocery shopping. A new place opened up in my close vicinity. I use Groupon for massages, facials & pedis, and have had some great deals.  My gt-niece has a Massage Envy account and goes monthly. A normal price here at a nice(r) place is about $80-120 per hour plus tip, so I have to make do with lesser efforts much of the time - but it's all good :-)

I love Groupon @Moonchilde, most of the massage packages that I see are in the Boston area which is about an hour away. The drive there is stressful enough (heavy traffic). My other choices are the Spas which charge an arm and a leg until after the tourist season is over.