Honored Contributor

BTW, I've changed the channel and watching "Snapped". Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I took a nap, it was great.😴

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde I used to get regular massages a few years ago but stopped, it's time to resume. 

@JaneMarple, today's was the cheapie variety ("Chinese 'foot' massage"), sandwiched in between a tempura lunch and grocery shopping. A new place opened up in my close vicinity. I use Groupon for massages, facials & pedis, and have had some great deals.  My gt-niece has a Massage Envy account and goes monthly. A normal price here at a nice(r) place is about $80-120 per hour plus tip, so I have to make do with lesser efforts much of the time - but it's all good :-)

I love Groupon @Moonchilde, most of the massage packages that I see are in the Boston area which is about an hour away. The drive there is stressful enough (heavy traffic). My other choices are the Spas which charge an arm and a leg until after the tourist season is over. 

All of my offerings are 30-45 min drive each way - but at least rarely in heavy traffic. The bummer is that there are few places, esp few new or different places, who have offers - not a huge choice compared to LA :-( Most of the places I'd really like to go are in Silicon Valley and that's an hour-plus drive and then coming-home traffic :-( so I don't go that far often.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde I used to get regular massages a few years ago but stopped, it's time to resume. 

Yes...or a nice pedicure with a foot massage. I did get that today...she maybe I did qualify for relaxation day, in a small way?

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Yes...or a nice pedicure with a foot massage. I did get that today...she maybe I did qualify for relaxation day, in a small way?

Oh yes, @september - Spa pedis are my second favorite thing. My favorite place is all the way in Capitola - and worth the trip!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Oh yes, @september - Spa pedis are my second favorite thing. My favorite place is all the way in Capitola - and worth the trip!

I admit, I just go to wherever is most convenient (but do travel to a specific salon for manis). A pedicure is a good excuse for me to read my current book for 45 minutes, in the middle of the day.  Truly an indulgence.  

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I admit, I just go to wherever is most convenient (but do travel to a specific salon for manis). A pedicure is a good excuse for me to read my current book for 45 minutes, in the middle of the day.  Truly an indulgence.  

I often just do convenient, but since I'm retired I sometimes like to make a day of lunch, browsing and pedi or massage. Capitola is one of my Happy Places for that.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the first I've heard of this fabulous day. I went to my calm part-time job, stopped at grocery store, did laundry, picked up dinner, emptied dishwasher and dusted. Winding down while watching recorded shows. But it's been a good day.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I had no idea their was a special day to relax.National Relaxation Day! Learn something new today and I thank you. If it was Tuesday August 15th? I was in the hospital as an Outpatient from 8am-2pm getting an Iron Infusion, 6 hours. It was the 2nd half of last Tuesdays front half.

For me, most of it, I considered it to be relaxation. Part of it? Not so much.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor