Respected Contributor

Re: National Ice Cream Day - Sunday, July 19

@HappyDaze wrote:

um everyday is National Ice cream day in my world! Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up!

For us too. 

We'll have some ice cream or gelato later tonight.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this.  Now I feel much better about that big scoop of Talenti Double Chocolate Chip I just had . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yummy ice cream is on the way!  After the scorching hot day we've had, can't wait for DH to return from the store as we can enjoy some frozen deliciousness.    I've texted him twice to remind him, "Don't forget the ice cream!"

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love a hot fudge sundae with lots of whipped cream, but I'm trying to cut back on junk food...so it looks like no ice cream for me. I'll have to settle for a few Mandarin oranges.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

I'd love a hot fudge sundae with lots of whipped cream, but I'm trying to cut back on junk food...so it looks like no ice cream for me. I'll have to settle for a few Mandarin oranges.

Daisy, I've been doing the same thing but I still want ice cream.  So, lately I've been making protein shakes, adding stuff like organic peanut butter, coconut milk, bananas, and kale or cholard greens.  Once it's all blended I don't taste the veggies.  And the fruit is naturally sweet.   Sometimes I freeze it and then call it ice cream.  Smiley Wink

It's a process...I'm trying, I'm trying.  haha  But really, once you get used to eating "dessert" with only a small amount of sugar,  it's actually quite good. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad l'm just reading about this now, b/c it's too late in the evening for me to go out and "celebrate." Lol... Seriously though, my favorite flavor is tiramisu gelato.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

hi it's me Sylviahomeatlast
at last. last night I ate a pint of Ben And Jery cherry with chocolate
Honored Contributor

In honor of national ice cream day DH and I went to a local hot spot ice cream shoppe earlier this evening.  I had a fudge sundae and he pigged out on a banana split.  We really enjoyed our yummy tasty treats especially in light of such a hot, hot, hot and humid day. 

Ice cream is my favorite dessert so I could, but don't, eat it daily.  Heart

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:
hi it's me Sylviahomeatlast
at last. last night I ate a pint of Ben And Jery cherry with chocolate

Hi Sylviasmileys-waving-170093.gif Yum Cherry Garcia hungry.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Those mandarin oranges would be really good on top of a scoop of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines