Honored Contributor

National Ice Cream Day - Sunday, July 19

Of course to honor this, I will be getting my favorite ice cream cone (mint chocolate chip) at our local ice cream shop! Smiley Wink

Carvel, Cold Stone, and Friendly's are offering deals.

Dairy Queen will vary, because each franchise is individually owned. 

So --- enjoy your ice cream today! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: National Ice Cream Day - Sunday, July 19

um everyday is National Ice cream day in my world! Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up!

Valued Contributor

'Had the best store-bought gelato today, speak of the devil (if the devil be frozen, that is).

'Been buying talenti gelato at my supermarket. Really, really good. They also sell sorbetto flavors, too.

'Had a combo of their Sicilian Pistachio & their coffee-toffee gelati - in a big ol'handmade cone pre-soaked in Amaretto (before drying).

The best way to "do" gelati is to mix flavors - 2 or even 3 sometimes in one cone or cup. Where they meet you create a unique new flavor always. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I think Ciao Bella gelato is fabulous.  Some of the Haagen Dazs gelato flavors are great, too.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Did not know today is Ice Cream Day. I guess to honor this day I will have to put on my bib and pig out all day. I love ice cream! Yeah!!🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦
Esteemed Contributor

In honor of National Ice Cream Day, here is some ice cream triva.

What Major Band was Formed at a Dairy Queen in Anaheim?

Before Gwen Stefani was telling us how bananas stuff was (B-A-N-A-N-A-S bananas), she was slinging ice cream over at Dairy Queen. Luckily for her, so were her brother and John Spence. Like all musically inclined people who work together, their talk soon shifted to the idea of starting a band. However, unlike most of those people, their band actually took off and became No Doubt.

What Medical Problem for Ben Cohen Helped Make Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream So Chunky?

Wanna know something really tragic? Ben Cohen (the titular Ben in Ben & Jerry's), can barely taste his own ice cream. He has something called anosmia which means he can't smell and consequently has a hard time tasting food. But that tragedy has been really good news for the rest of America. Apparently a big part of the reason Ben & Jerry's ice cream so often has chunks of stuff in it is because people who can't taste or smell as well tend to care more about the texture of their food, and all those chunks have some great texture.

What's So Special About the Ice Cream Made by the Company Called 196 Below?

196 Below is an ice cream shop in Melbourne that likes to get creative with their offerings. And recently they got extra creative, making a new set of flavors that glow in the dark. They're called Neon Nitro, a reference to the liquid nitrogen they use to make their ice cream. And the glow-in-the-dark feature comes from something called Fluorescein. 

To top it all off, the ice cream is both vegan and preservative free. Which means that this radioactive-looking food is actually not all that bad for you. Now there's something you don't hear too often about ice cream.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Wish I would have known that today is National Ice Cream Day. I ate enough ice cream yesterday for at least three days.

It would be un-American of me not to celebrate National Ice Cream Day though, wouldn't it?  Image result for small emoticon devil

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I was just getting ready to head out the door to do grocery shopping.  I wasn't going to buy any ice cream.  I may have to get a little something to honor the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Whidbey Island Latte Chip

Straus Cookies and Cream

Talenti Salted Caramel

That's all I'm going to say.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Just received an email coupon from Coldstone for a BOGO offer for today.