Valued Contributor

Re: National Ice Cream Day - Sunday, July 19

@betteb wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I'd love a hot fudge sundae with lots of whipped cream, but I'm trying to cut back on junk food...so it looks like no ice cream for me. I'll have to settle for a few Mandarin oranges.

Those mandarin oranges would be really good on top of a scoop of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla. Smiley Happy

Orange segments (not even mandarin) can be great on a rich double-choco-chocolate ice cream as well. Classic combo of chocolate and citrus.

Num num num num and ...num.

Esteemed Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I'd love a hot fudge sundae with lots of whipped cream, but I'm trying to cut back on junk food...so it looks like no ice cream for me. I'll have to settle for a few Mandarin oranges.

Those mandarin oranges would be really good on top of a scoop of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla. Smiley Happy

Orange segments (not even mandarin) can be great on a rich double-choco-chocolate ice cream as well. Classic combo of chocolate and citrus.

I love chocolate and orange. Jelly Sticks or those round, foil wraped chocolate oranges...I forget what they are called? Anyway...YUM!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

I love chocolate and orange. Jelly Sticks or those round, foil wraped chocolate oranges...I forget what they are called? Anyway...YUM!

In most candy stores they just call them Orange Peels. I love those. Dark chocolate orange peel...yum.

That was always a dessert on the Italian side of my family. Fruits and cheeses, a few biscotti, maybe some canoli. But when I was little, my grandmother always taught me that the proper way to eat chocolate was with a fresh orange.

One does eat an eighth or a quarter of the chocolate that one might wind up eating otherwise.

And it was oh so good.

And a great passatempo - a way to pass the time without gorging oneself to death on chocolate (After all, Allied troops only came through town with so much of that stuff in her day)..