Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌭National Hot Dog Day..with a twist!🌿

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@ILTH   The last thing I want is for anything to remind me that I'm eating an animal.  Rarely interested in processed food (unhealthy) never anything that smells or tastes like animal.  On the other hand, I understand that people move at their own pace and sometimes these processed/imitation foods help them transition to a healthier and more ethical way of life.  I support them in their efforts.  Some of us move in baby steps and others giant leaps. Either way, it is the movement that is important.  Love your perspective Heart

Then why call it a carrot dog and not a carrot sandwich.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@ILTH   The last thing I want is for anything to remind me that I'm eating an animal.  Rarely interested in processed food (unhealthy) never anything that smells or tastes like animal.  On the other hand, I understand that people move at their own pace and sometimes these processed/imitation foods help them transition to a healthier and more ethical way of life.  I support them in their efforts.  Some of us move in baby steps and others giant leaps. Either way, it is the movement that is important.  Love your perspective Heart

Then why call it a carrot dog and not a carrot sandwich.

Carrot Dawg!🌭😆

Honored Contributor

the "carrot recipe" sounds good.

love the whole baby carrots.

i dont have an instapot, but i would definitely try this as a side dish to a roasted chicken or turkey.....no bun or toppings, of course.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Baby carrots....maybe they need a blankie!

6DC3E098-BEAF-40DB-93B3-B3962987EE65.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

No one else sees the irony of “carrot” hot dogs in a white flour bun?  Anyone?

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@Still Raining 

No...but curious. Can you expand on this?

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Yeah please explain I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

That carrot thing sounds disgusting. DH loves hotdogs...they are on his keto list...but I can’t get past the fat in them, no matter what they are made of.
One summer we took a group of summer camp kids to tour a local sausage factory.....they also made hotdogs there.....it was a rude awakening to everyone,,,,,especially me! I just can’t eat a hot dog😬
Honored Contributor

You mean like shoes and handbags that are made of “vegan leather”?
Honored Contributor

I would love to see how far DH would throw one of those if I served one to him...I hope he wouldn’t throw it at me!