Honored Contributor

National Football Champions - UNDISPUTED

If I missed anyone chatting about Monday night's college series of the national football championship game, I'm sad I missed it. So I'm taking this moment to chat this up.

Can I just get a WOW for how exciting this game was!!!!! I'm here to say a very hearty CONGRATS to a well deserved team from Columbus OH - IO, THE Ohio State University BUCKEYES!!! I'll say it again, WOW what a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team had quite a year in losing the first string QB, then the 2nd team QB went down. We/they ended up needing to turn to their 3rd stringer for their last 3 games. All three of these games were crucial to get them all the way to the first national championship game under the new NCAA rules. Under such pressure Mr Cardale Jones (only a soph now) WITH the rest of the team rallying around each other, brought home two unbelievable WINS to their school, town.

Under much diversity and duress Cardale not only got the team to the National Championship game by beating the team everyone thought should have been #1 - Alabama, but also on Monday night with a mere 33+million people all over the country and around the world, resoundingly took out the ducks of Oregon.

So again I say CONGRATS to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES for a job well done! Way to make yourselves proud, the state proud, the SEC shut up, Mark May shut up, the rest of the nay-sayers shut up.

GO BUCKS!!!! We love you guys & Coach Meyer!

Respected Contributor

Re: National Football Champions - UNDISPUTED

Ok.

Honored Contributor

SEC all the way ............. Ohio State just got lucky this year!

Honored Contributor

Hi pink dogwood, Smiley Happy

A dear friend, years ago, got me interested in college football. I am a rabid, NY Yankees, NY Giants and NY Rangers fan for MANY years. But, I was never interested in college sports.

Years ago, my dear, late friend, Fran, talked with me, at length, about her beloved Crimson Tide. She was their greatest fan and shared a lot of knowledge about her beloved Tide. She "helped" coach them from her comfy living room chair. lol

I started to watch games, when I could, here in Jersey. She and I would chat about the games early the next week.

It's been several years since she passed. I still root for them, watch when possible, and follow the scores in Sunday's paper.

A mutual friend of ours is a rabid Buckeyes fan. She and Fran would tease one another about their teams....which one was better, which one would win, etc..

This year, when The Tide played the Buckeyes, I rooted for both. Our friend could swear she heard Fran cheering from heaven.

I think there was an "extra" coach from above helping out the Buckeyes the other night.

It was an exciting game to watch!!

Yes, years later, the legacy continues. I still root for the Tide. Now, I include the Buckeyes in my cheering as well.

I've made my dear friend so proud becoming a college football fan.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Kindred spirits I'm feeling here Ms NJ - I'm calling you that b/c I'm from New Jersey born & bred. What a great tribute and story about you and Ms Fran. And I agree, I'm so sure she enjoyed the game from above as you and I did. Thanks so much for sharing.

And of course GO BUCKS!

Honored Contributor

pink dogwood, where in Jersey did you call home? I live in northwestern Jersey.

Another Jersey Girl on the boards!!

My dog's name is Jersey. LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Hooty said:

SEC all the way ............. Ohio State just got lucky this year!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hooty, you are a hoot!!! LOL