Esteemed Contributor

Anyone participating?

My family and I will be volunteering at our nearby Fisher House.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

Anyone participating?

My family and I will be volunteering at our nearby Fisher House.

@Lila Belle I didn't sign up for anything this year.  I have in the past gone to several agencies in my area.  First time I did this in 2009, they weren't aware that I was coming.  Since that time things have smoothed out and I've gone to several places including a large Cancer Hospital in my area for blood drives.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

I will, later this week. Binge watching movies, old and new- In the Heat of the Night, 12 Years, Selma and Mississippi Burning this weekend.

Respected Contributor

Packing for snowbirding to FL tomorrow, but will donate blood today.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I do charity work all year long too.  Given our upcoming economic climate, needs will skyrocket.  I just hope to be able to scrape by without help.  

Honored Contributor

Monday is one of my days at my regular volunteer job at our church's foodbank.I suppose we will have a zillion one time only volunteers today. sigh.

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Monday is one of my days at my regular volunteer job at our church's foodbank.I suppose we will have a zillion one time only volunteers today. sigh.

That's a good thing, no?

Respected Contributor

I volunteer at different organizations throughout the year.  It's great that so many participate on MLK day, but let's not forget the other 364 days?