Regular Contributor

Wow!  Tough crowd here!  I got goosebumps as I aways do whenever I hear the National Anthem!

I like traditional too but this was a nice change.

Honored Contributor

I had to pull it up on-line since I wasn't viewing the game. I didn't hate it but didn't love it. To me, regardless of age, either of the singer or the audience, whoever sings it needs to remember it's an anthem, it's not a pop song, and it should probably be sung, rather than performed, accordingly. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I know she didn't sing it at the Super Bowl, it was at a baseball game but terrible nonetheless. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. 

That was painful.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, our National Anthem should be performed in the traditional manner.  It's not something that needs "creative" changes.  There isn't another Country in the world where this would be allowed.

I didn't care for this version of the National Anthem nor the Jimi Hendrix version of America The Beautiful.

Valued Contributor

They sounded like if they were auditioning for American Idol or The Voice. JMO Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Re: National Anthem

[ Edited ]

It was a different approach to the anthem. I don't have a feeling one way or another in terms of how they sang it.

Honored Contributor

Re: National Anthem

[ Edited ]

I kept thinking throughout the performance how sad that Whitney Houston is no longer with us. She truly performed the National Anthem with respect and the dignity it deserves...

Regular Contributor

To each his own  . I did enjoy the singing . It was very good .

Respected Contributor

And someone complains every year, I thought it was great and the singers gave it their best effort. How can anybody criticize that?