Honored Contributor

Natalee Holloway: Preliminary Report/Bones

Human remains found at a site in Aruba where missing teenager Natalee Holloway may have been buried belong to a young woman of eastern European descent, according to preliminary tests, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The breakthrough, made during the early stages of DNA testing, means the Holloway family - which has eastern European heritage- may be one step closer to finding out the agonizing truth behind their daughter's disappearance.

The initial finding is still to be confirmed by further testing.

The full DNA test results, which will determine whether the bone fragments belong to Natalee or not, are expected to be returned within two weeks, a source close to the case has disclosed

The source says experts are conducting a mitochondrial DNA test (mtDNA test) on the remains at a reputable, undisclosed lab in the US.

The mtDNA test traces a person's matrilineal or mother-line ancestry using the DNA in his or her mitochondria - a structure that sits inside the human cell.

This type of DNA is passed down by the mother unchanged, to all her children, both male and female.

If the mtDNA inside the bone fragments matches that in the saliva provided by Beth Holloway, that will be conclusive evidence that Natalee's remains have been found.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Natalee Holloway: Preliminary Report/Bones

I've seen so many rumors about this, including the one where these bones are those of an animal.

When Beth comes out and announces she's found her daughter, then I will believe it.

Until then, it's all  just rumor.

@KingstonsMom

Esteemed Contributor

For the familie's sake, I hope that it is Natalee.

The family deserves to be able to put her to rest.

Respected Contributor

Just going to have to wait for results...

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

For the familie's sake, I hope that it is Natalee.

The family deserves to be able to put her to rest.

@Plaid Pants2

I agree. And the family will now know the truth that she died and know that they can stop searching.

I only have 1 child, a daughter and I know that under the same circumstances that I would never, ever, stop searching until I either found her or found definitive proof that she was no longer alive.

I'm not sure they'll ever have the truth about the circumstances of her death, as I don't think that scumbag Joran has any moral compass nor capacity for telling the truth.

He gets indicted by the US in 2038, when he finishes his current sentence for the other girl's death.

I just hope the US has enough evidence to convict him for killing Natalee and he spends the rest of his life in prison.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

this is a nice update.

Yesterday it was supposedly animal remains now back to human remains.

I guess it will be wait and see just who it is.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

this is a nice update.

Yesterday it was supposedly animal remains now back to human remains.

I guess it will be wait and see just who it is.

I read the animal remains info that was claimed by the prosecutor in Aruba.  My source was yahoo news.

Trusted Contributor

This poor family.  How much can a family bear. 

Praying results come quick, either way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to @KingstonsMom  -the source is there.

I still maintain it's important to cite the source, as IG did in this case.  

I do still wonder whether Oxygen network has hired the forensic scientist who is interpreting the DNA results and also think that they may very well turn out not to be Natalee's just as the series is nearing an end.  I still think there is something bogus about this show.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee said,

"This OP above illustrates why citing a source is so important.

It clearly states in the article that it is being reported by DailyMail.com (and other sources if you search), but you always try to find fault with anything I post don't you.

Yeah....you know you do, LOL!

Many people prefer not to click on links here, so as long as the source is cited in the article that's sufficient, IMO.

Of course I don't need to explain anything I post to you, just thought I'd simplify it for you.

HTH!