Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
How can it be abusing the system when the QVC hosts repeatedly Tell us on air that if something doesn’t fit or we don’t like it, to send it back within 30 days. So then it becomes untruthful if a person is penalized for doing so.

100% agree! qvc states this repeatedly! perhaps if the hosts did their job better and went over sizing and showed details important for our purchase returns wouldn't be neccessary. 

@willomenia 

AMEN!!! Instead of playing "20 questions" and acting silly, dancing around, talking about themselves and their family, and going over and over and over the colors endlessly....they need to discuss sizing and garment details and fabric more!!!!  And STOP with the "unconditional" 30 day guarantee.... 🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Perhaps if items were exchanged for another size/color vs. just returning for credit, if that would still be an issue of "too many returns". 

If clothing, I try to do an exchange so I'm not stuck with the return shipping costs.  

I think everyone now and then may try a new designer, and not like the sizing, fabric, or fit.  That's a live and learn with some brands, like BFD, whose sizing is sometimes off, but at some point, if 65% of the items that I purchased were being returned, I personally would stop buying that brand. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

you have every right to be upset ! The policy of 30 day unconditional returns is Qvc’s. If they don’t want to honor this ,they shouldn’t have one !

Valued Contributor

Willomenia, you hit the nail on the head ! 

Respected Contributor

Does exchanges count as returns?bc I did that on 3 items.also whoever said when qvc sends items that have been returned and sent out,they r at a reduced price.guess what?I pd full price for a return!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nasty letter

[ Edited ]

Have to chuckle, no one has been denied a return of something they purchased.  Host are correct you can return anything you buy....no questions asked.  The letter is saying they don't want you to buy anything anymore.  That letter is not sent to good customers, ones they want to keep. Think about that.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Totally agree .. couldn't agree more with Willamina ..

Trusted Contributor

Quite awhile ago I had purchased a purse from qvc, kinda expensive..a Dooney and it came with no registration card and no dust cover and I could tell that they sent me an as is though I placed an order for a brand new bag.  I called c/s and got a male rep who said in a booming voice you were not sent an as is item I can tell by looking at your order.  In other words, according to him I could not use that as a reason for returning it but I could return it (at my own peril based on that cycle).  So, based on that call I kept it.  That was the end of my relationship with qvc.  So though the outside of the plastic bag did not say as is, I own 15 of them and know that errors do happen and customers are in fact sent an as is.  I didn't like that rep's attitude that they wouldn't consider that purchase as an as is.  So crazy.  When you don't receive a registration card or a dust cover yes, you were sent a return.   Still irritates me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Quite awhile ago I had purchased a purse from qvc, kinda expensive..a Dooney and it came with no registration card and no dust cover and I could tell that they sent me an as is though I placed an order for a brand new bag.  I called c/s and got a male rep who said in a booming voice you were not sent an as is item I can tell by looking at your order.  In other words, according to him I could not use that as a reason for returning it but I could return it (at my own peril based on that cycle).  So, based on that call I kept it.  That was the end of my relationship with qvc.  So though the outside of the plastic bag did not say as is, I own 15 of them and know that errors do happen and customers are in fact sent an as is.  I didn't like that rep's attitude that they wouldn't consider that purchase as an as is.  So crazy.  When you don't receive a registration card or a dust cover yes, you were sent a return.   Still irritates me.  

I hate that, @agb80. Its not right, I think I would have asked to speak with this man's supervisor. This irritates me too.

Respected Contributor

@scatcat, of course if someone other than the account holder wants to close an account you would need a power of attorney. That's true of an account anywhere, for anything, not just shopping.