Esteemed Contributor

A lot of the posters here are missing the point. QVC can't have it both ways. You can't emphasize this generous return policy, and then send a letter when people order, and return. There should not be a limit on returns unless they state there is a limit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Would u keep something that didn't fit?would u keep a returned item sent out as new?I do shop at other online places.never ever had a problem,so why don't tend to yourrself

I totally hear you and agree whole heartedly. If an item doesn't fit, or is not new, I would return it as well. They keep saying its risk free shopping. Of course, they returns are costly to us. 

Honored Contributor

Of course it's not wrong to return some things.   Most of us have.  Where it crosses the line is when it happens so much that it isn't doing any good for you or any good for them!  The, "if you don't like it, return it pitch" is not my favorite either but it's a sales pitch and we need to recognize it for what it is and use our own common sense. Imo, that helps everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

All clothes.ive kept darling Jammies from cuddle duds,Lisa Mason ring,and knock off uggs sherpa top.how come i dont have issues with amazon,and hsn?didn't write on this to get bashed ppl.

This is the form of hard knocks - once you express any displeasure or unhappiness, you're going to get many opinions....not nice ones either. 

Honored Contributor

I guess this is the risk of posting things.  There are some people that will bash you and others that will agree.  This topic has always been a touchy subject.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nasty letter

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam 

If you are an "impulse shopper" and then change your mind I can understand why QVC sent you the letter....

BUT if its due to poor quality I can certainly understand the returns.....(like the Valerie Parr Hill items missing paint, or the gingerbread house was crooked, or thumbprints embedded in hurricane glass items) 

Sizing has been inconsistent on QVC's clothing and the garment measurements on the website or sometimes missing entirely or are inaccurate. 

And sometimes its the poor presentations that fall back on the host or vendor....the website has limited info and the host/vendor eager to make a sale, or are more concerned with having fun, forget to point out what the product does or does not do......that falls on QVC

And it looks like some host need to quit talking about QVC's generous 30 day unconditional return policy...obviously their return policy has "conditions"...

That perfumed clothing item should not have been sent out as "new"....it definitely meets the conditions of an "as is" item (customer return).... it merits a call to Customer Service! 

Now when items are misrepresented or defective contact CS and explain that you consider the situation....They will make a note of that in your record.....

There a lot of retail options and buying from TV or even online this is one of the negatives, you dont have a chance to see the item in person which helps in making a wiser purchase.....If you like the convenience of TV or online shopping this is the chance you take....OR you have to be very particular with the vendors you purchase from....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Gee we haven't had one of these posts for a good while.  Yes, @Luvsmyfam. It's time for you to resume shopping at b&m stores.  If you return enough to get "the letter", you don't have the knack for shopping on TV or online.  You'll  save yourself a bunch of return postage.

Shame on you for blasting some poor hard-working CS rep when it was you who bought irresponsibly.  I hope he/she hung up on you.

Wow, you are continually rude and condescending.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A smart shopper checks garment measurements and read reviews before making a purchase.  Out of several hundred a year, I maybe return 3 or 4 due to fit.  I've gotten many returned items and never one that wasn't in pristine condition.  Don't you think you buy returned items in department stores?

No merchant anywhere is going to tolerate indefinite returns.  They cost us all money.

@Kachina624 - I once purchased a pair of shoes from Q, which were a brand new item with no reviews and no video. I went to the description section and read that the manufacturer stated the shoes were 'true to size', so I ordered my normal size. Arrived, and too small. Okay...I exchanged for a half-size larger - those arrived, and also too small. I exchanged them for the next size up, a full size larger than my normal/true size, and finally got the right fit. If they hadn't been the exact shoe and color that I needed, I would've stopped with the second pair of 'too small'/'not 'true to size'.

Sometimes you can't go by what is stated, even from the manufacturer. That being said, returning 65% of all purchases is excessive. But, QVC hosts always say, "If you're unhappy, for whatever reason, you can return it." Obviously, there is a limit.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Would u keep something that didn't fit?would u keep a returned item sent out as new?I do shop at other online places.never ever had a problem,so why don't tend to yourrself

Rarely have I had a problem with other retailers with sizing or quality issues, so it's something with QVC.

It's the manufacturers QVC uses in China. Poor quality control.  I don't think they inspect everything leaving their factories and aren't careful with sizing.  We may order a size 8 according to QVC's size chart, but receive a size 6 marked size 8.  

Not too long ago, QVC began using a few other countries.  Very happy with items I received made in Vietnam and India. 

@Foxxee 

I noticed the EXACT same thing as you!  Clothes made in Vietnam and India were consistent in their sizing and are decent quality, while garments made elsewhere were NOT!!!  There have been some clothes I purchased from QVC, and their prices aren't cheap, but even WalMart quality was much better.....thats not the fault of the customer....and to send a message I purchase very few clothing items from QVC these days due to inconsistent sizing and quality.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There are returns, and there are excessive returns.

Why should any company put up with a customer who consistently abuses the return policy no matter what that return policy states?

If it was your business, and you had one or several customers abusing your return policy, would you try to keep them around, or would you tell them to shop elsewhere?

Keep in mind, the only reason any business is in business, is to make money.

It doesn't matter if it's a local mom and pop store, or a mega billion dollar corporation.

Yes, the hosts say that you have 30 days to return items, but that does not mean that the customer then had cart blanch to abuse that policy.

You allow people to do that, you won't be in business for very long.

Very good point, @Anonymous032819 and what if we all sent back 65% of our purchases. They'd probably have to hire more people just to handle all the returns.