Regular Contributor

Re: Nashville vacation tips please

sunchild, favorite vineyards in the whole state of Tennessee! One of the very first times we went there a limo pulled onto the property, we wondered what it was all about. So as we walked around the property and saw this guy wearing a big black cowboy hat, lo and behold it was Kix Brooks himself. We told him how lovely his winery is and what a beautiful piece of property it's on. He was very nice and thanked us for such a nice compliment.

Trusted Contributor

Loveless Cafe (country ham & biscuits), Goo Goo Cluster store/museum and Bluebird Cafe (order tickets online).

Valued Contributor

@Laura14, completely agree with you on the Country Music Hall of Fame. The costumes alone are worth going to see!
Super Contributor

@Pipsqueak, it’s always nice, and usually a surprise, when he shows up! Since I live here in Nashville I get to go quite often. Was there one night when Ronnie Dunn showed up, just out of the blue! Some great music that night, for sure!
Regular Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
@Pipsqueak, it’s always nice, and usually a surprise, when he shows up! Since I live here in Nashville I get to go quite often. Was there one night when Ronnie Dunn showed up, just out of the blue! Some great music that night, for sure!

How fun is that!

Respected Contributor

I was there only once about 14 years ago to visit a friend.  She drove me around and showed me things, but I forgot most of it.  But there is a hotel in the center of town with a beautiful lobby which used to be the train station.   They wanted to tear it down, so the hotel is using it.  It's definitely worth seeing.

The other thing I actually saw on Property Brothers is a "Peddle Car".  It looks very interesting.  Someone is steering the thing, but passengers are sitting on each side of the "car" and peddle.  You can carry on a conversation and even enjoy something to drink.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is the Union Station Hotel @CLEM.

See the source imageSee the source image

and the Pedal Car.  Hint:  You don't have to paddle if you don't want to. Smiley Wink

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds  Yes that's the hotel.  I just can't imagine why someone would want to tear that down.  That Pedal Car seem like fun.  I wonder if other places have them too.  I sure have never heard anything about them.

Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

We stumbled onto the Parthenon.  It was incredible.  http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-Recreation/Parthenon.aspx

Across the street from the Grand Ole Opry is the Gaylord Opry land hotel.  It is something to see even if you're not staying there.

The Parthenon is fabulous.  You can do this on the hop on bus tour. I did the hop on and stopped at the Farmer's Market, which meant I could also see thrir WWII memorial and their carrillons monument that plays snatches of famous Tennessee songs in bells, AND the Parthenon AND their city plantation museum.

Or you can just take Uber.  It's esier.