Honored Contributor

Re: Nashville suspect’s girlfriend notified police he was building bombs in RV

He believed in the 'lizard people conspiracy'. One of his friends said he would go to a park looking for them. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If it was referred to the FBI, that may explain a lot. It is not the agency it once was.
Honored Contributor

Hindsight is always 20/20.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If it was referred to the FBI, that may explain a lot. It is not the agency it once was.

FBI reply to Nashville PD said they had no record of Warren. Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms told NPD the same. Neither agency took up the case. NPD never got a search warrant. Lawyer for girlfriend that made initial report says NPD said he wouldn't allow a search. He was formerly representing Warren. Lawyer denies this part of PD's account and says he was no longer representing Warren at the time and that he never advised against a search. 

Respected Contributor

I heard it on my local NBC affiliate's noon news. I also believe ABC had some type of reference on their website. 

I don't know if Nashville PD contacted their DA's office to see if they thought they had enough for a search warrant, or if they attempted to secure one from a judge. As far as I know it hasn't been mentioned. I do believe all law enforcement walks a tightrope trying to balance doing their job without violating someone's rights.

Esteemed Contributor

I think an important piece of the story is being left out.

When the notification to the police was made, the girlfriend was apparently in suicide watch and was holding two empty guns in front of her (which she said were the bombers). She later went in for psychological testing. I really don’t think they could have gotten a warrant simply based on her comments.

They and the FBI did some due diligence into his background and, unless they were allowed onto the property (which the police claim his lawyer said he would not allow his client to do, but which the lawyer says he has no recollection of saying) they were at a standstill. I’m looking at a CNN story that says the police watched his house for several days and saw no evidence of bomb making. He did nothing to indicate he was a threat, with only an old marijuana conviction.

This is literally what I’m seeing in multiple online stories (you can Google yourself). Obviously, they ended up being wrong. I don’t know what state the girlfriend was in when she made her statement and/or whether she continued to assert this was true. But, as horrible as it is, the police can’t just look at your private property because your ex said so. Imagine the complaints and civil liberties being violated. But also consider how many more people are out there like him, off of anyone’s radar - that’s a scary thought.
Honored Contributor

I find it extraordinary that after his friend, Pamela Perry, told the police she had witnessed his bomb-making in the RV, and the police sent a report to the FBI, that the FBI did not act.

She didn't say she thought he was doing it, she said she was a witness to him doing it, she had seen that, and the further fact of him doing it in a vehicle (which of course would be a mode of delivery for a potentially terrorist act) is a further cause for law enforcement interest and concern.   It is baffling as to why the FBI did not investigate then.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nashville suspect’s girlfriend notified police he as building bombs in RV

@lovesrecess wrote:

Am not sure what happened but the conspiracy theories are already out there! I am thankful no one else was killed or badly injured, but my heart really does go out to those businesses and homeowners who literally lost everything. Warner did all of that to do away with himself. They say suicide is the most selfish thing one can do, and this is a good example of that.

People who commit serious crimes intending to hurt others or ruin homes/businesses have MAJOR MENTAL problems.

Trusted Contributor

You can't get away with a traffic ticket, but you can building a bomb.  So discusting.

Valued Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

You can't get away with a traffic ticket, but you can building a bomb.  So discusting.

You don't get a traffic ticket if your ex-girlfriend calls the police to report that you ran a stop sign.