Honored Contributor

Nashville suspect’s girlfriend notified police he was building bombs in RV

[ Edited ]

The girlfriend of the suspect Nashville bomber told her lawyer that her boyfriend was building bombs in his RV in 2019. The lawyer called the police to notify them. Police made visits to the property and tried to contact the suspect but were not able to enter the RV to search. The CNN news report on television reported that police said this was because they did not have enough to get a warrant.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nashville suspect’s girlfriend notified police he as building bombs in RV

wow!

Honored Contributor

On another news network. it was reported the suspect had some sort of military connection, although he had not served in the military. I think the authorities are just taking unrelated bits of info and trying to fit them together to come up with how and why this tragic event happened. Apparently the girlfriend's and attorney's concerns did not meet the threshold of probable cause, so they could not enter or search his property without his permission...which he declined to give. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess @I think that one barking bomb dog on alert outside the residence perimeter would have been enough to get a warrant. Police could have tried that strategy to get a warrant.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwilt_2U7PbtAhUMXK0KHc-kAQYQ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am not sure what happened but the conspiracy theories are already out there! I am thankful no one else was killed or badly injured, but my heart really does go out to those businesses and homeowners who literally lost everything. Warner did all of that to do away with himself. They say suicide is the most selfish thing one can do, and this is a good example of that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nashville suspect’s girlfriend notified police he was building bombs in RV

Geeee......Scary!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

The girlfriend of the suspect Nashville bomber told her lawyer that her boyfriend was building bombs in his RV in 2019. The lawyer called the police to notify them. Police made visits to the property and tried to contact the suspect but were not able to enter the RV to search. The CNN news report on television reported that police said this was because they did not have enough to get a warrant.

@Mindy D 

Thanks for this info. Guess I don't consider this dead pos any longer considered to be a "suspect" of this crime. Little doubt, even legally, who perpetrated this horrendous crime.

I think something obviously lacking in reference to this Police report. Either they are incompetent, or they passed it off as an " oh well"!

With Specialized Government Agencies that do nothing but work on terroristic threats, it's hard for me to believe that any well commanded Police Department would not pass this information forward to the proper Agencies.

If they didn't? They need someone else in charge.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I had heard it was referred to the FBI. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D 

Thanks for this info. Guess I don't consider this dead pos any longer considered to be a "suspect" of this crime. Little doubt, even legally, who perpetrated this horrendous crime.

I think something obviously lacking in reference to this Police report. Either they are incompetent, or they passed it off as an " oh well"!

With Specialized Government Agencies that do nothing but work on terroristic threats, it's hard for me to believe that any well commanded Police Department would not pass this information forward to the proper Agencies.

If they didn't? They need someone else in charge.

hckynut 

@hckynut @News report from CNN did not say that Nashville PD passed the info on to the FBI. As far as I'm concerned, NPD could have gotten a warrant if they tried harder. I think they took things seriously, but not seriously enough. They dropped the ball. 
@hckynut FBI was notified by NPD. See later post in their thread to etoile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

I had heard it was referred to the FBI. 

@Etoile308 @If you remember where you heard this could you let us know. Thanks.

@Etoile308 I just found it.

1. FBI released the following statement:
  2. On August 22, 2019, the FBI received a request from the Metro Nashville Police Department to check our holdings on Anthony Warner and subsequently found no records at all. Additionally, the FBI facilitated a Department of Defense inquiry on Warner at the request of the Metro Nashville Police Department which was also negative.
  3. The FBI regularly assists our law enforcement partners seeking additional information to further their investigations.
  4. The FBI will continue to work closely with our federal, state, and local law enforcement partners to assess intelligence around any known or potential threats to public safety.