Honored Contributor

Re: Nashville - anyone watching tonight?

my guess is because although connie britton sings well, maybe she doesnt sing exceptionally well and isnt on par with the other singers featured.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 baker said:

I'm not a country music fan either, but these people are not the typical twangy, one note, the dog ate my boots kind of country music. I think they all could be and are great singers and musicians.

I never thought I'd be a fan of country music, but it's definitely changed substantially over the years and so have the performers. No more the over the top rhinestone cowboys and cowgirls, it's jeans and tshirts for the guys, and flattering dresses for the women. I never realized how country music tells a story, until I heard Taylor Swift - yes TS - in her early days. Country has turned more pop and rock, to the chagrin of some, but it definitely appeals to a wider audience now. It's growing on me for sure!
Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 madzonie said: NO. I'm so very tired of these short "seasons" and all the breaks they take from the stories.
I agree, it is so annoying when a show is constantly interrupted for holiday specials, sports events, even another mini-series! It dooms the show immediately, even if it's a popular one, you have to wonder what the networks are doing sometimes.
Trusted Contributor

I love Nashville. I haved from the first episode. I'm a sucker for a great love story, and Rayna and Deacon are my favorites. I enjoyed the OTR Special. As for Connie Britton not being on the special, she's been very upfront about feeling that she is the weakest cast member, in terms of singing. The special was to highlight the musically talented cast members. Connie probably feels it's better to let her more musically talented cast mates shine.