Honored Contributor

Re: Napa Fires, Calistoga Evacuating

I'd like a thread that is California related. That said, I probably wouldn't be able to post on it too much...my hours here are usually between 5 and 9 and I have to make and eat dinner, do laundry and other chores.  But I would try to take part when possible and would  be able to read from my phone at random times during the day 

I like that this one has gone in a few other directions at times. I was also just browsing the latest Insider and November could be very costly for me! 

Honored Contributor

@september, this might be a dumb question, but is Folktale Winery near Carmel Valley Village, or waaay on down the road?

I ask because once you’re through the Village, I’ve always gotten the impression “that’s it” and I’ve never seen signs for Folktale, which is a large venue.  Maybe I just need to go a lot farther...? 

I might go to this, but not crazy about driving back home later :-(

When I looked up on the QVC website the items I’d thought of purchasing, I decided no. One was the Carole Hochman robe - which has a stand-up collar that I know would make me crazy (too bad, otherwise it’s nice), and the other was the velour leggings. I need leggings to wear with a Xmas t-shirt, but decided velour wasn’t the way to go. There are a couple of other gifty things that are a maybe, though.

I think maybe I’ll start a thread in Among Friends, since that’s where the social threads are. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7@september@shoekitty@qvcaddition@PlaidPants2@sfnative and other Californians -

I’ve started a thread in Among Friends for Californians. Stop on by for friendly, positive conversation about our Golden State.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september, this might be a dumb question, but is Folktale Winery near Carmel Valley Village, or waaay on down the road?

I ask because once you’re through the Village, I’ve always gotten the impression “that’s it” and I’ve never seen signs for Folktale, which is a large venue.  Maybe I just need to go a lot farther...? 

I might go to this, but not crazy about driving back home later :-(

When I looked up on the QVC website the items I’d thought of purchasing, I decided no. One was the Carole Hochman robe - which has a stand-up collar that I know would make me crazy (too bad, otherwise it’s nice), and the other was the velour leggings. I need leggings to wear with a Xmas t-shirt, but decided velour wasn’t the way to go. There are a couple of other gifty things that are a maybe, though.

I think maybe I’ll start a thread in Among Friends, since that’s where the social threads are. 

Folktale is before you get to the mid valley area on Carmel Valley Road, so if you come over the grade, you'll miss it. It used to be called Chateau Julien and wasn't worth buying their wine.  Their property is beautiful!  Their wine...never liked it, but haven't tried it recently. 

There are no dumb questions.  I've often been the one asking questions because I like to learn new things.  

Honored Contributor

@september, I normally drive to the CV from the Laguna Seca/Ryan Ranch direction or PG, but sometimes go via Laureles Grade (which terrifies me and I hate it, even in broad daylight).  Once I pass the last touristy-village spots, I end up turning around. If it’s between PG and the Village I must be missing it; if it’s past the main tourist area where the small tasting rooms and Plaza Linda (Mexican restaurant) are, I haven’t gone much past that.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september, I normally drive to the CV from the Laguna Seca/Ryan Ranch direction or PG, but sometimes go via Laureles Grade (which terrifies me and I hate it, even in broad daylight).  Once I pass the last touristy-village spots, I end up turning around. If it’s between PG and the Village I must be missing it; if it’s past the main tourist area where the small tasting rooms and Plaza Linda (Mexican restaurant) are, I haven’t gone much past that.

If you come over the grade and turn left toward the village, you would miss this winery.  But if you come from highway one, it's very visible on the right.  I don't think it's worth worrying about if you miss it! I have my faves...will post bout them on the other thread.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @september!

I’m not interested in the wine, just the venue because of this upcoming benefit - and that place generally has a lot of informal concerts & small bites dos. They seem to have wanted to become known more for their concerts & events than their wine, after they bought from Jouillian. It’s like they call it a winery but it isn’t, exactly, it’s more of a concert venue now.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7@september@shoekitty@qvcaddition@PlaidPants2@sfnative and other Californians -

I’ve started a thread in Among Friends for Californians. Stop on by for friendly, positive conversation about our Golden State.

Great idea! @Moonchilde

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde. Julien and joullian are two different often confused wineries.  Maybe that won't happen in the future now that Julien has  a new name 

Honored Contributor

Thank you very much ❤️