Respected Contributor

Re: Napa Fires, Calistoga Evacuating

@Moonchilde  Thanks for updates I am letting my daughter know as all their internets are down but can still call her.  My son in law, granddaughter and her husband still trying to get home but "are on their way".

I told her about tip re cats in pillow cases if they have to move -  she made me laugh she said I have just put my bra on so I am ready, if necessary.  Hopefully they will not have to leave and rest of family get home soon.

thanks again for updates.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @shoekitty, I took the pix (and funny separate story today unrelated to the fire as I’m still learning my phone, lol). For an hour or so once I was there I couldn’y be sure if it was just cloudy or what, but as the day went on, and esp when I took that pic straight on to the sun, I knew.

I bought a comforter at Burlington Coat Factory - that was their parking lot.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Moonchilde  Thanks for updates I am letting my daughter know as all their internets are down but can still call her.  My son in law, granddaughter and her husband still trying to get home but "are on their way".

I told her about tip re cats in pillow cases if they have to move -  she made me laugh she said I have just put my bra on so I am ready, if necessary.  Hopefully they will not have to leave and rest of family get home soon.

thanks again for updates.

Glad to be able to give you some info, @dulwich :-)

I was away earlier for dinner with our company, but plan to watch the 10 and 11 o’clock news for more info. 

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@Moonchilde

I havent been iin burlington for years.  How is kthe comforter/ bedspread dept?  I need a master bedroom comforter.  I saw one at soft surrounding, but need to see in person.  Usually i am a champ picking things out online, but with soft surroundings the descriptions and color isnt so good.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:
Spoiler

@Moonchilde

I havent been iin burlington for years.  How is kthe comforter/ bedspread dept?  I need a master bedroom comforter.  I saw one at soft surrounding, but need to see in person.  Usually i am a champ picking things out online, but with soft surroundings the descriptions and color isnt so good.

@shoekitty, I don’t know if Burlington CF is a shadow of its former self everywhere, or if it’s just this one. When I used to go to them in SoCal years ago they were huge, fairly nice inside, and had a ton of goods of all kinds from major dept stores.

This one looks like a small, very bare (ugly cement floors) warehouse full of kwap; it’s not very large, and looks pretty shabby. The clothes offerings for me, at any rate, looked like Marshall’s picked-over leftovers (i.e. Marshall’s is nicer). They had about as large a section for comforters and sheets as the average Ross or BBB. But I had already been to Kohl’s, BBB and been looking online and I wasn’t seeing colors/prints I wanted, and this store just happened to have one that will “do.” It’s Tommy Hilfiger, light and darker blue plaid. Everything I’ve been seeing had a lot of white or very pale colors, and I wanted something that would show soil/stains/oopses a little less. If it lasts a year or two I’ll be happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Off topic -

I’ve been an iPhone girl, but I became disillusioned with the phones because of a bad antenna rendering my 6S useless where I live. Didn’t trust Apple not to do it again, and was soooo not going to pay $1000 for a new iPhone.

Long story shorter - I have a new Android phone I’ve had a little more than a week. I love it (bought it for its excellent camera), but the learning curve is steeper than I’d imagined ;-( I do have an Android for Dummies book, not read yet.

Today at lunch I was messing with settings. Later I noticed that no sound played with videos. Gah! Couldn’t fix it. Rebooted. Nada. So had to find a Verizon store, as I only have 2 more days it’s returnable if malfunctioning.

Unfamiliar town; wasted much time in after-work traffic getting to Verizon store. Go inside, get signed up to get helped. Sat down to fiddle with the phone. All of a sudden tapped something, and - sound! And I realized what I’d done. It wouldn’t have done that on the iPhone, but this wasn’t an iPhone.... Told them “oops, sorry, never mind” and drove home. Mucho drama and it was all my fault 😜

Honored Contributor

Just checking in to see how folks are doing. 

Still haven't heard from DH's friend.   Smiley Sad

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The wind must be blowing in a different direction today. It’s sunny with blue sky, whereas we had smoke and no sun all day yesterday.

The Bear fire is still burning, but the containment has slightly increased. 

Honored Contributor

Bit of cheer from the fire area -

36E8F6D1-E27D-402B-A0F4-9E7FE9FC2F4E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Just checking in to see how folks are doing. 

Still haven't heard from DH's friend.   Smiley Sad

Hi Cakers, that's nice of you.  We're getting reports of better containment, some people are being allowed back in their houses.  What a relief.

Like @Moonchilde we aren't getting the heavy smoke today.  It was so stuffy in the house, what with all the windows closed for something like two weeks.  Opened up some last night and slept a lot better.  It was 51 degrees when I got up, that in itself is a relief!

I don't think we'ver heard from @qvcaddition, I hope all is well with her.