Honored Contributor

Napa Fires, Calistoga Evacuating

There are reports of people taking shelter in winery caves.

The air here in San Francisco is thick with particles, breathing is uncomfortable. Several neighborhoods in the city are reporting a rain of ash. 

We hope everyone up there is safe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Napa Fires, Calistoga Evacuating

Prayers the fires are put out soon and everyone is safe!

My nephew had his wedding in Sonoma last summer and I noticed how brown eveything was in the area.  I asked about it and it seems that there has been a drought for some time.

Honored Contributor

ABC local news is running live reports.  The wind is making things worse in the Bay Area.  We are getting warnings that we will have very bad air quality in the morning. There is no way to get away from it.  

The SF Office of Emergency Management is overwhelmed with calls from people worried about where the fire is. 

Parts of Santa Rosa and Sebastopol are now under mandatory evacuation. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Prayers the fires are put out soon and everyone is safe!

My nephew had his wedding in Sonoma last summer and I noticed how brown eveything was in the area.  I asked about it and it seems that there has been a drought for some time.

@haddon9

Hopefully the drought is over, but we had an unusually hot summer this year, in fact, it's still very warm.

Honored Contributor

An evacuation center has been set up for horses, there are a lot of horses in Sonoma County. 

Regular Contributor

Hello Noel. I hope you have a mask or something to help with your breathing. I'm so sorry for everyone going through this, including the horses and other animals. I hope you and everyone stay safe.

CH

Honored Contributor

Hi Charlie Horse ! 

Thank you Smiley Happy  The front of the house has less fire smell than the back, we're going to try sleeping on the couch and in a recliner.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7

I'm sorry for all of the thick smoke filled air.

It isn't any fun.

It's a problem for those who have breathing problems, and I worry for them, among others.

It's just depressing to see the dirty air, but if there is a not-so-negative side to be found, it is that the smoke produces some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I'll be keeping everybody affected by this in my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching KTVU, and the pictures are just so horrible, and horrific.

So sad!

I hope people get the heck out and to safety!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 we spent a good part of the summer with poor air quality due to fires.It was miserable.I could taste the smoke and had headaches most days.I can't believe all of the  terrible fires in Canada and USA this year.

I hope they will put the fire out soon.