Honored Contributor

Re: Napa Fires, Calistoga Evacuating

@Moonchilde

Thas why I havent gone back,  It used to be the old K Mart store, and they didnt do anything but clear it out and throw junk in it.  Burlington CF at westgate mall is super.  It kis huge, a couple floors.  The one in Gilroy had an assortment of hoochie clothes last time i was in, seems like maybe it hasnt changed.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Moonchilde

Thas why I havent gone back,  It used to be the old K Mart store, and they didnt do anything but clear it out and throw junk in it.  Burlington CF at westgate mall is super.  It kis huge, a couple floors.  The one in Gilroy had an assortment of hoochie clothes last time i was in, seems like maybe it hasnt changed.

@shoekitty, the only reason I even went in was because, to my surprise, there were no stores at the outlets that carried bedding(!) I had been in once before and my reaction had been...ugh. That didn’t change yesterday, though they did have this “okay” comforter. 

OTOH, I was also surprised at the Saks Off 5th outlet store as well. I had been in a huge one in SoCal that was packed with gorgeous stuff. The Gilroy store was almost as shabby/bare bones as the Burlington store and had two 2-foot wide shelves of bedding and towels and that was it. 

I don’t have a way of knowing any more if many stores have just given up on putting anything decent in their outlet mall stores everywhere, or if it’s just because these stores are in Gilroy ;-( I bought from their Coach store last year and thought it was comparable to their LA outlets.

But Gilroy isn’t 5th Ave - or even San Jose 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Update:

They had to literally stop water and fire retardant drops for one entire hour, i.e. the fire fight was brought to a halt, because some dip-****was flying a drone over the fire area.

One man was also arrested for looting a home in the burn area of $15,000 worth of jewelry.  

There are still quite a few evacuations, so qvcaddiction could well have left temporarily.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Unbelievable.  I heard a quick report on that on ABC local.  There should be a separate jail for stupid people so they could get together and trip over each other.

Honored Contributor

Just a quick post for me...I've been out of town and watching the news about the fires.  My area was smoky before I left, and it got smoky again this afternoon.

One of the recent fires was near the airport where my car was parked, and it was covered with ash.  Talked with other travelers when in the boarding area to come here, as well as on the plane. All were well informed as to what's going on with the fires here 

Honored Contributor

Still no recent word from @qvcaddition  I hope she's OK.

Also wondering how @Moonchilde is doing today.

Hope we hear from both.

Honored Contributor

I’m here, @Noel7 - doing laundry ;-(

Just got the Nov Insider and might order a thing or two.

The Santa Cruz fire is 30% contained and they’re letting some people go home, so that’s good news.

It was cloudy this a.m. but sunny now. I don’t think we’re even going to get sprinkles :-(

Rolling my eyes at the “San Diego” thread. Started to post but won’t bother, honestly. I lived in a SoCal high tourist area with more open panhandling than almost any other area of LA (in a very homeless-friendly area) and it wasn’t even close to as bad as the description in that thread. Growing up in SoCal, as I’m sure with you in SF, I’ve never been afraid of my own shadow. Not to mention, in tourist areas business owners force LE to keep things reasonable. But whatever...if it makes people feel better...

How about a permanent thread for CA residents?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the images can be disturbing to some.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I’m here, @Noel7 - doing laundry ;-(

Just got the Nov Insider and might order a thing or two.

The Santa Cruz fire is 30% contained and they’re letting some people go home, so that’s good news.

It was cloudy this a.m. but sunny now. I don’t think we’re even going to get sprinkles :-(

Rolling my eyes at the “San Diego” thread. Started to post but won’t bother, honestly. I lived in a SoCal high tourist area with more open panhandling than almost any other area of LA (in a very homeless-friendly area) and it wasn’t even close to as bad as the description in that thread. Growing up in SoCal, as I’m sure with you in SF, I’ve never been afraid of my own shadow. Not to mention, in tourist areas business owners force LE to keep things reasonable. But whatever...if it makes people feel better...

How about a permanent thread for CA residents?

Hi @Moonchilde 

I'm glad the Santa Cruz fire seems pretty well contained.  That's such a beautiful area, my grandfather used to have a cabin in the mountains there.

No, I don't worry about the homeless or much else, either.

Speaking of the Insider, I saw a couple of things, too.  We're getting two new beds and I have that on my mind... the Sherpa blankets look good to me and the price is right.  Good for throws, too, not just the bed.  I like the aqua.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7, this just popped into my FB feed too. I had forgotten, the Monterey Co wineries have offered to crush and process the harvests of burned-out wineries in Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino and help any way they can. I’m sure there will be more benefits.

935206ED-2025-46BB-A022-F5C965C750CA.jpeg68708530-0A7B-4337-AC14-B3996B6420EC.jpeg