Honored Contributor

Re: Naomi Judge Has Passed At Age 76

@Mindy D   I read somewhere that it was probably suicide but I don't think we know for sure yet.  She had suffered from severe depression for years.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Mindy D   I read somewhere that it was probably suicide but I don't think we know for sure yet.  She had suffered from severe depression for years.

did she also have other health issues @jubilant ?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

found this via heavy.com

Naomi Judd was diagnosed with hepatitis. According to Health.com, she started experiencing “headaches, nausea, and muscle aches” in 1989 while on tour. She learned she had hepatitis, which she believed she contracted while working as a registered nurse, the site reported.

It added that she was told she was cured in 1995. Hep Mag reported in 2014, “The star was subsequently diagnosed with non-A, non-B hepatitis, which is how doctors classified hep C before a comprehensive screening test for the virus came out in 1992. After getting liver enzyme tests, Judd was told that she had as few as three years left to live.”

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

That is shocking - she was so young.  Tragic if it's what others have suggested. 

So very sad for her fans and those left behind to deal with her sudden death. 

May she rest in peace.  And may her family have some sort of peace knowing that she is no longer suffering with any kind of illness, either mental or physical.  

Can't hardly believe it, I loved her music. 

@CAcableGirl2   76 isn't young.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

may she rest in peace...... 

she has had a number of health issues, hasnt she?

@sunshine45  Read the other thread which has more info. Tbe statement by Ashley and Wynonna strongly implies it was a suicide.

So very sad. Mental illness is such a terrible disease to battle with and unless someone suffer's from it (and I would not wish that h*ll on anyone) they don't understand how difficult it is. She is not suffering anymore, she is at peace.

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad! I liked their music from the first time I heard it.

Condolences to all her family, 🙏

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

What disease of mental illness?

She had severe depression.....so I'm guessing suicide. I don't know what else falls in that category 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

Just thought I'd post this:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

800-273-8255

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Judd  told Robin Roberts of ABC, in an interview in 2016,  that her final diagnosis was severe depression. I also suffer from this exact same diagnosis but I am fortunate that my medication is effective. Judd suffered from treatment resistant severe depression (aka Major Depressive Disorder, Severe). 

Trusted Contributor

Ugh. So talented, the whole family. Another chip sway at an era I was so blessed to grow up in. Very sad.