Trusted Contributor

I think she mellowed a lot with age, don't we all ?

Trusted Contributor

You will be missed... 

Together again...

Image result for nancy reagan

Image result for nancy  ronald reagan

Honored Contributor

Oh, those big bows she is wearing!   Very 1980s - I wore them too. They look awful!  It was a "dress for success" look - a feminization of a man's tie.  YUK!   It definitely was the style then though. 

Respected Contributor

I'd like to offer my condolences to her Secret Service detail. They've been with her for years and it has to hurt-

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

IMHO there has been only two administrations with classy first ladies:  the Kennedy and the Reagan administrations.  Nancy Reagan emanated charm, kindness - class!  Now she's wit her Beloved... 

She always came across to me as quite stuck-up and snobby, as well as cold, escept when it came to her husband whom she clealry adored. Ronald seemed so warm and friendly to everyone, I always wondered what he saw in her.

Actually, it was just the opposite.  He was a loner and she was more gregarious.  I have been listening to reports of people who knew them and worked for them all day.  They all stated that she was demanding in a sense that she wanted things done correctly but was never mean or nasty.  They say of the President, he only had room in his heart and loved only two things, his Country and Nancy.  They were a beautiful love story and her style has not been surpassed by anyone, IMHO.  And, she was a patriot. 

New Contributor

I always admired the way she looked at RR.  She just loved him so much.

They always seemed to have a fairy tale life. 

Now they're together again...

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@corita wrote:

I had not heard that news yet....am so sorry. Despite all the nasty stories that came out about her, I have always had great respect for that lady.

I guess I'm still under my rock, but I do not recall even one "nasty story" about Nancy Reagan.  So glad I missed any such stories.  I always felt such good feelings about her as a First Lady, and loved the love story that she and her Ronnie shared.  Commitment like theirs is so rarely seen today. May God bless her with an eternity together with her special love .  RIP dear lady. You gave us all reason to be proud.

@Perkup- most of the stories emanated from President Reagan's detractors.  He was well liked so Nancy was targeted.  There was the thing about taxpayer money to beautify the WH but they found the WH in bad condition and both felt the "people's" house should be beautiful and maintained.  Then, she borrowed designer gowns to wear from Hollywood designers...nothing wrong with that, it worked for the designers, Nancy and us.  When she became interested in astrology, the media mocked her for that but her interest developed after her husband was shot.  Maybe she did it for fun or she became superstitious, especially about traveling.  The media claimed the President made decisions based on astrological reports which was false.  She brought class back to the WH and was involved with so many initiatives...

Frequent Contributor

My condolences to the Reagan family. Former First Lady Nancy Reagan rest in peace. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I just remember all the hoop-la over her consulting with psychics.

rip

@Plaid Pants2, what a strange comment to say over the death of someone, especially one that was a First Lady of the United States!Woman Surprised

But, there was a "hoopla"  about astrology but it was her own interest and highly over reported...I don't remember the psychic.  She became interested after Reagan was shot....the media claimed her husband consulted Nancy about decisions based on astrological reports from Nancy but it was false; Reagan was generally well liked but he did have detractors so it was easier to target Nancy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

IMHO there has been only two administrations with classy first ladies:  the Kennedy and the Reagan administrations.  Nancy Reagan emanated charm, kindness - class!  Now she's wit her Beloved... 

I disagree.

I think EVERY FLOTUS had something positive to offer!

@terrier3- I agree.  Nancy and Jackie certainly were fashion icons but all First Ladies contributed.  It depended on their interests and the time in history.