Trusted Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback is leaving QVC

@happycat wrote:

I was watching a week or so ago, and she said something about her husband and her having a meeting with someone regarding a new opportunity. I hope thats what this is about. 

@happycat Yes, I remember this.  She was talking about a Zoom meeting she and her husband had to discuss a business opportunity.  At the time, I wondered if it was just her husband who was interested or if it would involve both of them.  Anyway, she was selling jewelry and as I recall she mentioned the meeting because she said the woman was wearing a ring she really liked.  

Regular Contributor

I wonder if QVC getting rid of certain hosts has anything to do with the willingness of hosts to work crazy hours.  Sometimes I think about all the various days and times they work and think how difficult it would be if you were raising a family.  I felt that was one of the reasons Jill left.  She was missing out on so much of her son's life.

Respected Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I was watching a week or so ago, and she said something about her husband and her having a meeting with someone regarding a new opportunity. I hope thats what this is about. 

@happycat Yes, I remember this.  She was talking about a Zoom meeting she and her husband had to discuss a business opportunity.  At the time, I wondered if it was just her husband who was interested or if it would involve both of them.  Anyway, she was selling jewelry and as I recall she mentioned the meeting because she said the woman was wearing a ring she really liked.  

I do believe you both have hit the nail on the head!  A little research shows that they've both decided to move on.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Well most of the time ( like Antonella said) you sign a non-compete clause; so she won’t be on TV selling stuff for probably 1 year.

Thanks to some of you I watched a video of Antonella where she said she couldn’t compete for 1 year.

Its not like I know; and I’m not specifically talking a specifically person, but I’m thinking some of these hosts the partner that works on QVC is the major bread winner.

Antonella pretty much said that in her video.

Nancy is attractive, has an excellent speaking voice, and seems well-liked.  I think she will do well in whatever he does.

Trusted Contributor

@NYViewer wrote:

It seems strange the QVC invested in her getting gem trained this summer and let her go...I hope it was her own decision. Funny how some hosts can stick around and other go so quickly!

I believe that Nancy was gem trained before she came to QVC.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I enjoyed Nancy as a host, she was pleasant, calm, and informative....she will be missed......I wish her well. 

I guess QVC prefers the loud, self-focused hosts that like to talk about themselves, act silly, like to display their dancing abilites, and ask vendors and co-hosts personal questions, and also enjoy being the main "model" and focus of the show..... who cares if they can't even pronounce the name of a gem stone, or the only info given about the product are the colors....nope I guess product details aren't important to QVC....🙄

exactly,  that is why even though I didn't enough  have time to watch Kim + Angel doing their own shows, they were much better than the taking calls, and a host interrupting with nonsense

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
It’s nice to see the positive comments. I rarely saw her and, the last time I did, I thought she was embarrassingly bad. Because of that show, I am actually shocked by some of the things being said because that was not my limited experience. Always happy to be proven wrong.

Regardless of that, I did always think she seemed like a nice person and wish her the best.

@Alter Ego   It's not about being proven wrong or right.  These are just opinions.  Many viewers really like Nancy as a host a great deal.  I was not one of them.  However, as a person, she seems joyfully kind and warm, and I wish her all the very best going forward.  Her personal social media page was always very uplifting.

I agree there were too many times when she was unsure in her presentation and not a newbie 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could never understand why they let Cathy Pedrayes (spelling?) go. She was the best of the new crop when they also hired Courtney Khondabi & Christine Zell amongst others. 

She was calm, thorough, knew the product, well dressed, well coiffed, well spoken, attractive....she had the whole ball of yarn needed for a good enjoyable host. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@happycat wrote:

You have a better memory than me, lol. That is exactly right, I hadn't remembered the details. I think it was more than a week ago, the more I think about it. 

I just hope it is anything exept her health.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

I can't even watch or have on in background anymore.  The hosts on during time I'd watch are much to self-centered, ridiculously dressed, or just too loud....

guess like everything else except for ITKWD I've grown "bored" with overpriced ill fitting clothing, same old stuff and just refuse to chance quality anymore at my expense with s/h fees & returns...

This is just ME🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@homedecor1 

Your thoughts echo mine too..There's only a couple of hosts that I find pleasant and watchable..  I work mostly from home and used to have QVC in the background quite a bit as I work, recently our cable system added the Decades Channel so now I have classic TV shows on instead of QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”