Respected Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback is leaving QVC

A certain age????  What an OBNOXIOUS and JUDGEMENTAL comment!!! WOW! She's in her mid-50s and will be fine! SHAME on QVC for replacing so many hosts.

Trusted Contributor

I adored Nancy.  She was so professional.  Working at QVC can take a toll on your personal life.  The schedules (you aren't just waltzing in for your shows, you must be there hours earlier to prepare) and the meetings.   It also seems like Nancy wasn't given prime time shows like some of the silly newcomers got immediately.   Nancy was so attractive and she actually gave us facts about items she was presenting.   I don't know why some people on here are acting like she got sacked.  Maybe she got a better opportunity.   I wish her success in her new endeavors 

Trusted Contributor

I remember several years ago she and Antonella were both hosting a jewlery show together, it was fun to watch with Antonella's sense of humor and how she would playfully make fun of Nancy on air, at the end of the show Nancy had to say goodbye and move on to another set to host another show, but before she left she lightly swatted Antonella upside the head just to get back at her, they both had a good laugh.  I will miss Nancy and wish her all the best!

Trusted Contributor

I am sure she has some plans ahead that will be great for her. I have enjoyed watching her on QVC, although I mostly shop on the website. I hope she finds great happiness and success in her next venture! 

Valued Contributor

The Q didn't train her. Years ago when she came to the Q she already had her degree in Gemology or whatever it is called. I liked her from the beginning. Her personality was quirky and when she was on late at night she was fun to watch. I don't watch the Q much anymore. It seems taken over by Amy, Shawn, and that new girl with the long dark hair. I still like Jennifer, I'm watching her right now. Because I haven't posted in ages I thought I'd check in to see if anyone else is upset about the long lag time for deliveries. I checked order status for something I ordered on July 3 and it looks like I might finally get it tomorrow August 9. This is really unacceptable. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy did not have her degree when starting at QVC.  As you can see, she earned it while working at QVC in 2014.  This is from the GIA website. 

For Nancy Hornback, a popular program host at QVC who specializes in gems and jewelry segments, every day is a televised pop quiz in gem knowledge.

“I am constantly approached by friends and work associates who have questions about gemstones, and I get a lot of interesting questions from viewers live on the air,” says Hornback, a GIA Graduate Gemologist who’s been with the network since 2009. “I get asked a wide variety of questions regarding gemstone properties, the colors, the durability, the history and folklore, and how to care for them.”

Hornback invests hours of planning and research into every segment she hosts for QVC, a video and e-commerce retailer that reaches more than 100 million homes in the U.S. alone. During those programs, she’ll often chat with a special guest about the gemstone or jewelry design on air and invite viewers to call in with questions and personal stories.

“I love being able to provide education to others about gemstones and enjoy fielding the wide variety of questions I get,” she says.

She has to be ready for whatever comes her way, and since earning her diploma at GIA’s New York campus in 2014, the woman who says she was “born to perform” feels much more secure that she has the knowledge to back up her camera-ready presentation.

Honored Contributor

She came after I started ordering more on line and watching much less (than I would have liked) because of changes in my own life.

Hope HER life change is a positive one for her. We ALL NEED the best we can find for ourselves when overall life is tough.

Honored Contributor

Nancy does a Sunday Mornings with Nancy show on her FB page.  Not sure what goes on.