Occasional Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback is leaving QVC

If you read the Q2 reports, in a tihere many businesses failed and closed, QVC made hand over fists in profits. That's why they began showing so many "Gourmet Holiday" shows. In a time when people where required to stay home and too scared to go out to the grocery store, they turned to having it delivered and therefore to QVC for the mostly overpriced food items. I'm not saying all of it is overpriced, but you do the math. But, if you or your loved one is immunocompromised, you'll do what you can/have to in order to protect them. Getting back to the main subject, the reason for all the lay-offs/firings, was strictly greed. The quarterly reports are public record, if you doubt me, please feel free to read them. If this gets posted. 🤔
Occasional Contributor

If you read the Q2 reports, in a time when many businesses failed and closed, QVC made hand over fists in profits. That's why they began showing so many "Gourmet Holiday" shows. While people where required to stay home and too scared to go out to the grocery store, they turned to having it delivered and therefore to QVC for the mostly overpriced food items. I'm not saying all of it is overpriced, but you do the math. But, if you or your loved one is immunocompromised, you'll do what you can/have to in order to protect them. Getting back to the main subject, the reason for all the lay-offs/firings, was strictly money/greed. The quarterly reports are public record, if you doubt me, please feel free to read them. If this gets posted. 🤔
Occasional Contributor

Nancy has been a graduate gemologist for many years. That's one of many reasons I don't understand why they let Jane do so many of the jewelry shows. I enjoyed them so much more when Mary Beth, Rick, Antonella and Nancy presented the jewelry. JT thinks she has to tell life long family stories about every single item she presents. It monotonous, boring and a channel turner.
New Contributor

She has a degree as a gemologist. QVC would not have taught her anything dealing with green G’s she didn’t hit know
New Contributor

Correction: Q would not have taught her anything Dealing with gems she didn’t know ,she was a gemologist .
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nunyb wrote:
If you read the Q2 reports, in a time when many businesses failed and closed, QVC made hand over fists in profits. That's why they began showing so many "Gourmet Holiday" shows. While people where required to stay home and too scared to go out to the grocery store, they turned to having it delivered and therefore to QVC for the mostly overpriced food items. I'm not saying all of it is overpriced, but you do the math. But, if you or your loved one is immunocompromised, you'll do what you can/have to in order to protect them. Getting back to the main subject, the reason for all the lay-offs/firings, was strictly money/greed. The quarterly reports are public record, if you doubt me, please feel free to read them. If this gets posted. 🤔

Qurate has done well during the pandemic, but before that their overall revenue and sales have been declining for several years...There are many Qurate past financial reports posted on Q TALK just do a forum search.....and also on their parent companies website, Libertyinteractive.... while Mike George made excuses for this, Greg Maffei did not....

In Nancy's case she had hinted that another opportunity had been offered to her....With all the training she went through to get her Gemologist Certification, she was one of the few that had this among all the hosts, it seems like QVC would want to retain her as a host...we will never know...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

She didn't leave, she got the boot just like the others. 

Honored Contributor

What?!  She left???

Just kidding.  This feels like old news.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

She didn't leave, she got the boot just like the others. 

Again-- HOW do you know this? What is your source of info?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.