Honored Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback is leaving QVC

She was an excellent host. I will miss her and wish her well. She has talent and alot to offer, so will hopefully find a better fit where her skills are appreciated. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Well, maybe she can grow that grey hair out in peace now Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I really wish her well, but I am not surprised! She was a good host, very professional and thorough in her presentations. I enjoyed her, and wish her the very best!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Jewelry sales are down. Numbers coming in after this gem day might have been a factor. I enjoy watching Nancy. She's a good host. I'm hoping her path leads her to a happy life and good fortune.

@Mindy D she was off the program guide schedule before gem day so that's not it.

@Pearlee @Thanks. Very observant if you, Pearley. Being left off of the Program Guide for Gem Day should  have been a tip to everyone that something was afoot.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO, QVC should get rid of all the hosts and let the vendors present their product, cut prices and free s/h.  

I think QVC should get rid of the vendors and spend more time training their hosts.

Frequent Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Few hosts stay forever like David or Jane....what is so surprising when a host leaves? I think people get too caught up in their lives. They are nothing more than salespeople...

whenever a host leaves...people always try to make up reasons...got fired... sick....bla bla...  rather than do that....just let them go. 

"They are nothing more than salespeople...." is such a harsh, condescending, untrue statement.  Perhaps a retraction or clarification is appropriate?

Respected Contributor

Loved her jewelry presentations. She and Antonella hosting together were very funny. 
I always wondered why she wasn't more fully utilized

as a gem expert. Why bring in JTV "experts" and gold

"experts" when you are already staffed with a GIA expert?

Nancy properly presented jewelry, as did Antonella.

I want to know gemstone dimensions, cut, clarity, gram weight. For Pete's sake show inside of rings, reverse of pendants, clasps etc.

I have stopped buying and watching.

Trusted Contributor

Lisa Robertson had the biggest send-off in QVC history nothing mysterious at all. She announced in October 2014 and her last show was December 2014. It was huge buildup to a major big party with lots of guests and the big ballgown. Jill Bauer had a send-off as well that was a 2 hour send off. Sharon Faestch also had a mini send off as I heard she did actually leave QVC was not fired. These other hosts with no send off were clearly layoffs or terminations. I feel bad for Nancy but not surprised she was mainly on Q2 before the layoffs. What I would leave u with is Julia Cearley I think is the new QVC favorite. Shes so fun and corp seems to love her
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am not surprised by this....for months I have had a feeling that Nancy would be the next to go...hope it was her choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KKlim wrote:
She went the exact semi mysterious way as the Lisa Robertson’s, Jill Bauer’s, and Sharon Faetches..🤔 Everyone was “so happy w/ their Q job“ as they professed and then “poof“ a month later..gone..Nancy didn’t really have much pizzazz at the end. She rarely got made up, hair started becoming grey and I think they want more Glammed up people. Hopefully, she will find a position similar to Michelle Lau being a gem expert somewhere.

@KKlim I disagree. Q has send-offs on the air for the voluntary departures, like Jill and Lisa R.

@Pearlee@KKlim  Both Jill and Lisa announced their leaving on the air, not sure what Sharon did. I vaguely remember a retirement party for a former host years ago.  When my department was downsized an older worker was allowed to retire with dignity after 24 years.  All that happens with the way QVC does things is to spark rumors and speculation.