Honored Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback is leaving QVC

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Never watched her that much. Probably hiring younger folks some hosts are approaching their golden years.  Need younger nice looking men LOL

@SharkE Sad to say but it is true that being nice looking helps sales.  Rick is getting up there in years, as we all are.  It would be nice to have a few more younger male hosts.

Agree with you both and yet most recent hires are younger women, many of whom are, to me, not particularly gifted as hosts. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this; I enjoyed Nancy.  Maybe she can get a job with JTV.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to see her go, and thinking also of the thousands of others losing jobs at this time.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to look up her pic under Meet the Hosts. I no longer keep track of the hosts.

I know the older hosts, like Leah, Rick and David. But there seems to be a revolving door for hosts lately,

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Never watched her that much. Probably hiring younger folks some hosts are approaching their golden years.  Need younger nice looking men LOL

@SharkE Sad to say but it is true that being nice looking helps sales.  Rick is getting up there in years, as we all are.  It would be nice to have a few more younger male hosts.

Agree with you both and yet most recent hires are younger women, many of whom are, to me, not particularly gifted as hosts. 

Takes time.  

Honored Contributor

IMO, QVC should get rid of all the hosts and let the vendors present their product, cut prices and free s/h.  

Honored Contributor

All three networks are shedding older hosts.  Maybe they think new and fresh and cheaper people is the answer to declining sales.  

Super Contributor

I had a feeling this was going to happen since her on-air time had been drastically cut lately.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

All three networks are shedding older hosts.  Maybe they think new and fresh and cheaper people is the answer to declining sales.  

not sure about that, look who they put on during weekends and evenings (traditionally higher viewer #s I think). David JT, etc 

the younger ones not so much 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

It doesn't sound like it was her decision. I think after the pandemic QVC has had to make cuts. I think Nancy has been here for 12 years. I am not surprised after Q2 folded there wasn't room for her really. She seems like a nice lady.

@JONNYSBRO I am shocked - are you not going to suggest that now there is room for LR to come back?

@Puppy Lips 

Oh PLEASE! Don't give this poster any BAD ideas!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.