Honored Contributor

Re: Name something that use to be so important to you......

Watching any shopping channel for more that 20 minutes.  There was a time when I would sit and watch show after show for hours at a time.  Oh, how I loved Kathy Levine and thos 4 hour Diamonique shows.  Even when I was not watching, I'd have HSN or QVC on in the background.  I didn't even buy that much back then!   Now, I click on during commercial breaks sometimes.  When I decide to watch a show, I never last more than 15 or 20 minutes.  I just cannot stand and do not need the blah blah blah anymore.  I watch less but buy more.  I have also changed the way I entertain for holidays and birthdays and family events.  There was a time when everything had to be perfect and I brought the good china and silverware and my lace table cloth.  I wanted to please everyone so the cooking, shopping, cleaning started days in advance.  I don't know exactly when it happened but it dawned on me that I was too exhausted and frazzled to actually enjoy the party.  I spent the entire time serving and fretting over everyone else.  I was never a guest at my own party or dinner,  I was the help.  So, I stopped.  I cut back on how I entertain.  Wayyyy back.  I do buffet's now and use some paper and plastic too.  My mom would have a fit! LOL  I also buy a lot of prepared foods and bakery foods.  

Honored Contributor

A car.

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I didn't see this anywhere else, so here it goes. My answer is having a man in my life. After my last divorce 21 years ago, I decided that that was the end for me. I have been happily alone ever since.

@catter70  I know! It’s nice being the queen of our castle isn’t it. Well, that’s after I’ve taken care of the needs of Queen Callie my cat. Lol! 😸👑🏰

Respected Contributor

Definitely shopping. Loved going to the Mall. Last time I went I had a gift certificate from Christmas. Clothing found nothing. Finally found pajamas. Couldn’t find a register. A lady close by had purchased something. Asked could you tell me where checkout is. She asked where the escalator was. We laughed. There was a time I could spend hours at the mall.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That now you really could care less about.

For me it is jewelry.

In my 30's through early 50's I spent lots of money on good jewelry... always wore bracelts , necklaces... rings and even ankle bracelets.

Now I could care less about it.  At 63  I am lucky if I put on earrings when I go out.  I went from consumed with jewels and such... to never wearing anything.

How about  something YOU  use to like and now could care less about......

AND lets keep this from becoming Xrated Smiley Happy  LOL!

Oh darn, @SeaMaiden , that was going to be my answer.......really!!!Woman Wink  My poor DH, but that is so off my radar now.

@tends2dogs   You are not alone😆
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Interesting question @SeaMaiden...I can't think of anything. I've never been interested in clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, makeup, etc or lots of home decor, kitchen gadgets & wanted stuff that I don't need ...I have the basics, live a simple life & I'm content.

@kitcat51   Sounds LOVELY🙂

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

I didn't see this anywhere else, so here it goes. My answer is having a man in my life. After my last divorce 21 years ago, I decided that that was the end for me. I have been happily alone ever since.

@catter70  I know! It’s nice being the queen of our castle isn’t it. Well, that’s after I’ve taken care of the needs of Queen Callie my cat. Lol! 😸👑🏰

@Ketra   I totally understand!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watches. I used to collect them and now I never wear one. I was going  to say my diaphragm but we were asked to keep this from getting x-rated.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Tampax.

Respected Contributor

LOL!!!!! Sorry, this is so true.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".