Honored Contributor

Re: Name a somewhat common food...

I tried Calamari & mussels once - that was enough! But, I had to laugh my 6 yr old GD eats everything & I mean everything!

We went out to dinner she (with herDad) ordered calamari, mussels & oysters. I wish I could post the pic of her eating it and the man sitting next to us -- his facial expression was priceless!!!  

He just couldn't believe she was eating this!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

sushi

I don't care for fish/seafood (I have tried it). Raw fish would be a no go!

Respected Contributor

Artichokes.    I like oysters.  Sushi is not always raw fish. I like most veggies better raw.   I Don't like bok choi it's got a slick mouth feel to it that bothers me. I'll try most anything once, providing  "You go First".

Contributor

When I was a child my mother took me to a social gathering where mincemeat pie was being served. A slice of the pie was placed in front of me and I asked what it was.  My ears heard  mouse meat pie.  Just couldn't understand why all these adults, including my mother, were encouraging me to eat mice made into a pie.  Now, even as a senior citizen, I cannot eat mincemeat pie.

Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Caviar and escargot. Not common in my circle, but pretty common for others. Never have, never will.  By sight alone I couldn’t gag either one down. 

I don't consider those foods common, but I could not eat them either. One Christmas party I went to years ago was catered by a fancy catering outfit and they served caviar. I was surprised how many people tried it and liked it.

Ooohh! I love caviar. It is bursting bubbles of salty goodness! 

Me too!

I had a baked potato with sour cream and caviar just this week.

I love sushi, escargot, raw oysters, clams and mussels-lots of the foods many won't touch. I even grew up eating and liking pickled pig feet. But i wont touch peas. Go figure! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Artichokes.    I like oysters.  Sushi is not always raw fish. I like most veggies better raw.   I Don't like bok choi it's got a slick mouth feel to it that bothers me. I'll try most anything once, providing  "You go First".

I live near (literally) the proclaimed Artichoke Capital of the World. I like the leaves dipped in melted butter but never got into the hearts much. I want to try the Italian twice-fried, it looks good! Other than not being crazy about many of the sushi fillings, my major objection to sushi is sticky rice. I hate sticky rice. Ugh!

I don’t like raw veggies except carrots & celery. I don’t like mushy veggies, which I think is a common perception, that all cooked veggies are cooked to death. You can cook them as much or as little as you like. I don’t like either mushy or crunchy but somewhere in between. I like bok choy. I don’t go out and buy it to cook, but I like it in Asian stir fry.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I almost didn't try funnel cake but did a few years ago.

I like smelling it and looking at it better than eating it!

We made s'mores last month and my mother had never eaten one either @Nightowlz!

I just was really amazed at that but realized well she was never in girl scouts or anything and I guess it just wasn't a common thing back then. I call that a deprived childhood! I was really happy she got to have one and she loved it!

I almost ate a raw oyster when dared to try it-got it up to my mouth but just couldn't do it. My stepmother however made a very good baked oyster casserole.

@on the bay I was in the Girl Scouts & the Brownies. We never made S'mores.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz-

Well dang! What kind of Girl Scouts was that? That's just not right!😕

Here's some for everyone!😋

Sure Fire, No Fire S'mores

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

chitterlings

and i ain't gonna

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Lamb