Super Contributor

Re: Name A Few Of Your Talents!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Everyone has a talent.  So, I'm thinking...what are mine....I thought I'd share.

1) I can clear a room in a minute (by trying to sing)...you should see them run!

2) I can spell words as if I was talking to you (used to drive my late husband crazy).  I'd only do it when he tried to prove he was smarter than I was (he really was...but I didn't want him to know that).

3) I used to be able to touch my nose with my tongue but my buck teeth must have moved because I can't do it anymore (arthritis of the tongue???) Is it possible?

Well, that's it...how about you...what are your talents?

@Annabellethecat66 Great topic!

I have extra supersonic hearing, Both a blessing and a curse.

I remember everything, almost like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. When we go to a restaurant my friends will ask, “What did I have last time and did I like it?” and I can remember and tell them. Also a blessing and a curse to remember too much.

I can color match, have had employment doing it, aced the Pantone test and have been told I have extra rods and cones or something in my eyes.

I can hand draw 10 point Times Roman text.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@I can play tunes on my fingernails... not as well as in the past as my nails are soft now.I used to lay in bed trying to sleep and played little tunes for myself ..One night I was playing Good King Wenceslas and my husband was able to recognize the tune.

I have a powerful sense of smell...nobody can sneak anything by me.

Ican remove hot items from oven or turn stuff on the bbq bare handed.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

My special talent- I can be riding my bike, on perfectly flat surfaces, tooling along, and out of nowhere plop over like Ruth Buzzie from Laugh-In.

Thankfully, I've only had a couple of scrapes and bruises but have managed to NOT break anything. That's a VERY special talent at my age!

On a more serious note, I'm a terrific cook (and my family and friends are very appreciative).
Valued Contributor

@threecees, I'm green with envy. As a kid I could work that hula hoop! Today it eludes me! Great execise for my old middle. Will you share your secret? Please! Many Thanks, LuLu
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
@threecees, I'm green with envy. As a kid I could work that hula hoop! Today it eludes me! Great execise for my old middle. Will you share your secret? Please! Many Thanks, LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 Thank you for the sweet post. Don't give up,  Pick that hula hoop up

again and start small. Even if you just do it for a minute it's fun. It's tough trying

to stay active during the winter months, but when warmer weather comes it will be

easier to be out and about for me biking, walking and swimming too. Keep up that

good work you've been doing with your previos post. Stay positive.😊

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't that be horn "tooting"?

Respected Contributor

I am impressed and amused by everyone's various talents, but the musical nails are unique!

@dex wrote:

@Annabellethecat66@I can play tunes on my fingernails... not as well as in the past as my nails are soft now.I used to lay in bed trying to sleep and played little tunes for myself ..One night I was playing Good King Wenceslas and my husband was able to recognize the tune.

I have a powerful sense of smell...nobody can sneak anything by me.

Honored Contributor

I can measure and position something just by eyeballing it. I usually don't need a measuring tape or level.

l cut and color my own hair, and do my own manicures and pedicures.

I like being a "do-it-yourselfer." Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Hmm, let me see! None sounds like a good number for me.

hckynut

hckynut(john)