Esteemed Contributor

Re: Name A Few Of Your Talents!

I can write backwards and upside down...weird - I've always been able to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm good at describing smells, in a way that makes people laugh.  And in a way that would get my posts deleted.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for the compliments.  I have been meaning to text you.

Since this is my OP I'm going to change the subject....I know how much you like the 'older' movies.

My late husband and I used to watch all of the Poirot movies.  They aren't old, but they are all based back a long time ago.

Do you ever watch them?  I love them.

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX3ITew9Mpw

I've watched all of the films many times over.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook  Mom could also write like that!  Entertaining to me as a kid. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Annabellethecat66, we used to love Poirot too!  I was just talking about David Suchet on here not long ago, discussing him in both "Poirot", and another terrific role he was in.

If you ever get a chance to see "A Perfect Murder"  (it's sort of a stylish thriller with Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow),  Suchet has a small but potent role as a New York police inspector or captain or something like that.  He's fabulous and really stands out in a fairly routine film...

Honored Contributor

I have a talent for screwing things up! I have supersonic hearing and a great sense of smell, useless talents really!

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty good at parallel parking, I cut my own hair, and I'm also OK at recognizing animal species/types from a distance (not sure if that counts). 

I agree with @Oznell that @Annabellethecat66 is a charmer!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 I think that's neat.  I like that!  I can write pretty good with both hands.  I don't write fast (with my left hand) but it looks pretty normal.  I just have to think about it as I do it.

When my daughter was in around 4th grade her teach taught them something called, "using the opposite side of the brain".  The idea is training both side of the brain to think.

I started doing that.  At first it wasn't easy because I'm so predominantly write handed.  But as I practiced I got pretty good (not great) but OK.

I can't remember all of the other exercises I used but it's really good for the brain to do that.

My late husband was ambidextrous.  He could do everything with both hands.  He didn't even think about which hand he was using, he just went back and forth.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Everyone has a talent.  So, I'm thinking...what are mine....I thought I'd share.

1) I can clear a room in a minute (by trying to sing)...you should see them run!

2) I can spell words as if I was talking to you (used to drive my late husband crazy).  I'd only do it when he tried to prove he was smarter than I was (he really was...but I didn't want him to know that).

3) I used to be able to touch my nose with my tongue but my buck teeth must have moved because I can't do it anymore (arthritis of the tongue???) Is it possible?

Well, that's it...how about you...what are your talents?

I'm too busy trying to touch my nose with my tongue to try to remember my talents, lol. I use to be able to do that too. What has happened? I can't do a headstand anymore either. And my husband is 51 and he can still do one.

I have a talent for attracting stray animals. And my sister has a talent for finding them homes.

My husband says I am a good cook, but I think he is just use to my cooking.

He also says I'm a good listener. Thats why people tell me secrets. Sometimes they are so big I have to tell him. Thank God he can keep his mouth shut. He knows a lot of dirt.

Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago, after my mother passed away - I refinanced my house and purchased 2 more houses. Then I sold them and purchased several others. I was tired of being poor and there were tv shows talking about making money with houses. I did all this while I was BROKE!!!! I used money from one house to buy the others - and never qualified for any new loans or refinances. Banks/mortgage brokers filled out all the paperwork so that I qualified. My life was one BIG financial mess from 1986 thru 2010. I was almost homeless at least 5 times. Somehow I always managed to pay my bills. All because I sold my original house.

Now I'm long retired and very content in my house which I purchased almost 18 yrs ago - and never had any credit card debt. This was a great learning experience but sometimes we have to learn the hard way - which I did!!!!

I realized I'm a Survivor -- and I always managed to stay above water - when I should have drowned. I'm good at solving problems.