Honored Contributor

Nakefit- Are You Buying What They're Selling?

Reported in Real Simple-

Forget flip-flops and get ready to go barefoot comfortably this summer. Italian inventors have designed a stick-on sole, called Nakefit, to help you walk outside this season without burning your feet on hot sand, the discomfort of walking on rocky surfaces, or the hassle of carrying sandals with you wherever you go.

The sticky soles, which are currently available for pre-order on Kickstarter, are waterproof, heat-resistant, and slip-proof, making them perfect for walking around the beach or the pool on a hot day. The adhesive Nakefit soles are also hypoallergenic, making them safe for people with sensitive skin.

Nakefit is also super simple to use: just peel off the backing to the sole as you would with a normal sticker, and press the adhesive side directly on your feet, where they will stay in place securely as you are active all day long. They are currently available in three colors: black, pink, and light blue. The one downside that we can see about the Nakefit is that they don’t appear to be re-usable.

The initial fundraising goal for the stick-on shoes was $22,445, but the inventors have already reached over six times that with a total pledged of $140,537. There are still three weeks left in the fundraising window before it closes on July 7, and for now you can snag a pair of Nakefit for about $5, or a pack of 10 for about $33.

Contributor

Re: Nakefit- Are You Buying What They're Selling?

[ Edited ]

Disposal "shoes"?  Not for me at any price point.  I can buy $1.00 flip-flops from Old Navy that last me two seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not buying, give me my Birkenstock's PLEASE!

Honored Contributor

Too gimmicky for my taste.

Honored Contributor

I would be willing to try them to keep the soles of my feet from getting scratched from the sand while at the beach.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I'll keep my flip flops handy.   Lol

Honored Contributor

Not a new idea.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/sole-accessory-strapless-flip-flops-stick-feet-adhesiv...

The article was in 2010.

I would rather wear cheap $1 flip flops.

Honored Contributor

Interesting concept. 

Wish I had sandy beaches to try them out 😊

Honored Contributor

If I lived near a beach I would not wear them or any other shoes. I would go barefoot so I could take in some earthing/grounding health benefits.

Honored Contributor

Maybe when I was seven🙂