Honored Contributor

Ooooooooo, naked shoulders and high heels.

We've never seen those before.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I don't get the constant harping about women's clothing. What about the person who wears the same ugly bright red tie all the time? Why do people criticize women's clothing more than men's?

Women in general seem to get criticized for everything more than men around here.

Not just those RACY fashions!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps my age has finally dulled my brain, but the women I see wearing cold shoulder fashions don't look at all naked to me.  I happen to feel the style is not particularly alluring, which makes them protective of their wearers, not risky at all.

I know some parts of the country are far more conservative than others, but blaming shoulders and feet in high heels for the actions of harrassers and criminals???   Not if I'm on the jury!  

Honored Contributor

In some countries women who are covered head to toe in loose fabric are still objectified.

I

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Do you remember mini skirts, hip huggers, crop tops.  I am not a fan of the cold shoulder look but it is less revealing than any of those.  In the area where I live the women managers/executives still wear business suits it is the men who "casual".  I still love to see a man in a suit and tie.

Over the weekend the cable channel Decades showed "The Man from Uncle" the entire weekend. It was based out of the 60's and everything you mentioned in your first sentence were worn and would fit in today.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I don't get the constant harping about women's clothing. What about the person who wears the same ugly bright red tie all the time? Why do people criticize women's clothing more than men's?

Probably because men's shirts don't have grommets added to sleeves and pockets and slits on the shoulder, or cold shoulder shirts. I wouldn't say that women are going naked...

I was wondering about a comment on another thread that cold-shoulder tops are "only appropriate for the bedroom."  Geez, it's not like breasts are peeking out through the holes. 

@SaRina

But sometimes you've gotta let the girls get some air...

Image result for squirrel with bra off

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

IMG_1357.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

high heeled shoe.gif

It was such a scandal when I wore these six inch platform shoes to my dad's 90th birthday party! *lol*

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

IMG_1357.jpg

@sidsmom

Did you know that many of those "bathing dresses", as they were called,  were made of WOOL ???     gasp.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

OMG .....  you hussy !!!    Woman LOL