Respected Contributor

I've been re-reading the OP's post and cannot figure out what all of the fuss is about.

Sorry, but I'm just not getting what OP is upset about.  "being stripped of their clothing", et al.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

I've been re-reading the OP's post and cannot figure out what all of the fuss is about.

Sorry, but I'm just not getting what OP is upset about.  "being stripped of their clothing", et al.  

Maybe not getting enough attention in her snow pants, turtlenecks, and sensible shoes?

Honored Contributor

Do you remember mini skirts, hip huggers, crop tops.  I am not a fan of the cold shoulder look but it is less revealing than any of those.  In the area where I live the women managers/executives still wear business suits it is the men who "casual".  I still love to see a man in a suit and tie.

Trusted Contributor

What??  Are you Amish?

Cold shoulder is NOT naked.  Not even close.  And usually people who complain about short skirts can't or choose not to wear them.  Your choice. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my, get the smelling salts. I do believe I have the vapors.

When I see nonsense like this all I can think of is the issues the authors have with their own image. SMH

Esteemed Contributor

Two words:

Pot.

Stirring.

Honored Contributor

OH please. You're not a victim if you wear a high heel, a short skirt or any other type of clothing. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe the VC TS on HSN today put the OP over the top.  First off...I'm not at all a fan of cold shoulder garments.  However, even if I was, VC's version is about the worst that I've seen yet.  It's more like "cold-upper-arms-and shoulder" than just the current cold shoulder garments that I've seen the most of.  I don't consider the look trashy, or anything like that.  I just plain don't care for the look.  Hence, I just won't be buying any!

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Maybe the VC TS on HSN today put the OP over the top.  First off...I'm not at all a fan of cold shoulder garments.  However, even if I was, VC's version is about the worst that I've seen yet.  It's more like "cold-upper-arms-and shoulder" than just the current cold shoulder garments that I've seen the most of.  I don't consider the look trashy, or anything like that.  I just plain don't care for the look.  Hence, I just won't be buying any!

Now be careful, I just may show up winking my VC "cold" shoulders at you. 

Just kidding. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

The willing participation by women in their own objectification as a source of their power is a big improvement over it's use as a means of subjugation.