Respected Contributor

Re: Nah, This is NOT for Me!

Sunny, if you give it a day or two it may get better.  Or maybe not, but at least then you really gave it the good ole American try!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

How do you do the personal picture thing?   Avatar?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

How do you do the personal picture thing?   Avatar?  

DARING GREATLY, if you click on your preferences and work your way through there you will see the option to upload a picture for the avatar.  Click on your nicname at the top of the screen or you can click on "My Settings" under Quick Links on the left hand side of the menu bar.  Hope that helps a little.

Trusted Contributor

Hey cb, love your avatar. If I do one, it will probably be of Ripper or Zuma or both or a flower. Want to say you have been so nice trying to be helpful and all. Not sure I am getting what you are saying, but mahalo anyway, LOL!
~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

Chickenbutt, can you please tell me what else you changed? I'm mostly on the default settings except I did change to "Forum only view" but it looks the same as it did when I first found this. 

I have a few questions (for you or anyone who has figured this out)...

1) How do you set it so that you can view 50 topics on one screen? I didn't see a setting for that. 

2) How do you post your siggie?

That's it right now. I don't want to ask too much at once lol

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I don't have that much time to invest in trying to figure all this out, but I'm not going anywhere so fast. I just hate it when I'm lost 

Spoiler
Smiley Tongue
"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Sunny, there's nothing a sense of humor can't solve; and you have one!!  You can do this!!

Smiley Happy   

testing!

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Chickenbutt, can you please tell me what else you changed? I'm mostly on the default settings except I did change to "Forum only view" but it looks the same as it did when I first found this. 

I have a few questions (for you or anyone who has figured this out)...

1) How do you set it so that you can view 50 topics on one screen? I didn't see a setting for that. 

2) How do you post your siggie?

That's it right now. I don't want to ask too much at once lol

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I don't have that much time to invest in trying to figure all this out, but I'm not going anywhere so fast. I just hate it when I'm lost 

Spoiler
Smiley Tongue

Sunny, I haven't worked on the signature yet, so maybe someone else can help there.

To change the number of topics, go to your nicname that is in red in the upper right hand corner of the page.  As you hover over it, you should see My Settings.  Select that, then Topic forum.  That is where you set the number of topics.  Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

There are two different places - one for threads per page and one for posts per page inside threads.  So, be sure to change both.  I didn't do that at first.  I just put both on 50.  Works fo rme, anyway.

I hope somebody else knows on the siggie line thing.  I couldn't find it.  Maybe it's because I have them turned off, though.  It's kind of nice not seeing them because it seems like they just meld into the post now anyway.  I kind of like less clutter.  Smiley Happy

If the bird would stop talking maybe I could concentrate.  Silly boy.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Sunala - I hear Ya.  The entire site here is a train wreck.  Try **bleep** Yankees site where there are many more topics and discussions, little fighting, and much more tolerance.  The  Q has lost it's charm with me.  I wasn't buying much, just posting.  Now I won't be doing that it seems. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Hi Sunny.  I haven't actually done this but discovered it in my travels re:  siggie.  If you click on your nic (upper right of screen) then click on My Settings..you'll see "E mail" and under that "Personal Information".  Click on Personal Information and to the right of that there appears to be a box where you can type in a Signature.  HTH.  I still can't stand this formatting and navigation!